US$155
US$129
Protea Hotels
  • Restaurant
Protea Hotel Cape Town Sea Point(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$101
  • Pool
Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$157
  • Breakfast included
Park Inn by Radisson Cape Town Foreshore(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 05/08
US$146
US$143
  • Pool
Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$119
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$91
  • Bar/Lounge
ONOMO Hotel Cape Town - Inn On The Square(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$58
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$142
US$131
  • Breakfast included
Urban Hive Backpackers(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$30
US$24
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
All reviewsgate tourloft roomsspar supermarketwithin walking distancebreakfast buffetmodern hotelwater frontminute walkper dayfree internetwaterfront arealocation is greatbusiness tripafter darkstayed here for nightshotel restaurantbusiness hotel
Reviewed 17 February 2015

There are some mixed series of reviews on this site for the hotel and honestly I am not sure why.

To me this is an overall solid hotel that is well located in the city and very straightforward in what it is offering and the pictures on the web are true to what it is.

Positives:
- Well located in the city and very close to Waterfront shopping area - I did not walk it but was ~3$ USD cab ride of less than 10 minutes (always plenty of cabs at hotel, Uber and shopping area)
- I booked one of the two level suites which was huge and well appointed - if you desire a smaller room or more value book one of the regular rooms
- I liked the modern decor of my room and it had a really nice view
- Staff I interacted with were normal/professional and housekeeper was accommodating when I needed to work in my room one day
- Breakfast was standard in cost and offering - and while not varied much day to day was what I expected

To work on:
- They have 500 mb internet access free - as a global traveler I want unlimited free - but this 500 thing seems standard at business hotels in SA
- One elevator was broken during my stay, that said a workman was actively trying to fix it
- A bit of a nit pick - but they were painting in the lobby one morning - most hotels I know would do that overnight and not in the day or busy morning

Overall I would stay here again for business and if I had family with me would trade up to the larger two level rooms.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelOGpro
Reviewed 16 February 2015 via mobile

Booked this hotel for its supposed modern, retro style and close proximity to the V&A Waterfront... The service on the other hand was shoddy and left us with a distasteful attitude towards the hotel! With only 1 elevator working, getting to and from your room was a nightmare (if you not on the first floor)... Definitely not worth the money we spent...

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
PHVJ-GM, General Manager at Protea Hotel Cape Town Victoria Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2015

Dear 02Slo,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor regarding your stay with us. GUEST feedback is imperative for us to ensure whether or not we are meeting and exceeding our GUESTS' expectations.

We need to know when we have done right, but more importantly, when we have done wrong. Your feedback has therefore has been truly invaluable to us, and would like to opportunity to discuss it with you in detail by using the following email address gm@victoriajunction.com, in order to rectify the shortcomings you experienced while staying with us.

We hope that you will be staying with us again soon. We should welcome another opportunity to show you Protea Hospitality at its best, and look forward to seeing you again.

Kind regards,
Danie Smit

Reviewed 5 February 2015

We stayed a couple of days and had a good time. Really handy if you like to walk to Waterfront. Can even walk back in the evening wihtout taking a cab. We had breakfast and dinner which was well cooked and the crew is funny (specially the one in the breakfast area likes to have a chat with you).

Room Tip: would recommend a room facing the pool (more quiet)
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2015

This is an excellent hotel. We had a superior room which was a lovely studio penthouse on two floors. Well worth the extra money. The staff could not have been more helpful (including water on check-in & welcome gifts for being newly weds). You wouldn't want to stray down Ebeneezer Road round the corner alone on foot as it gets a interesting socially but this is Cape Town so common sense abounds. Uber works well and its the equivalent of a pound to get to the Waterfront using that. The pool area is fine (if not that sexy) and overall a great visit

Room Tip: Go for the superior loft apartments... lovely!
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aerodj
Reviewed 28 January 2015

What a beautiful suite. It has a mini kitchen equiped with high quality appliances and basics. The suite was comfortable and we had a wonderful time. The bedroom and bathroom is upstairs and the lounge window downstairs gave us a magnificent view. The staff was incredibly friendly.

Room Tip: Make use of the free shuttle service to visit the waterfront
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple