The PortsWood
  • Restaurant
US$221
US$216
  • Pool
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$133
Hilton
  • Pool
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$772
US$751
  • Breakfast included
Cape Diamond Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$148
US$64
  • Restaurant
Protea Hotel Cape Town Victoria Junction(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$164
  • Pool
Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$88
  • Breakfast included
Protea Hotel Cape Town Sea Point(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$121
Protea Hotels
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$77
  • Bar/Lounge
ONOMO Hotel Cape Town - Inn On The Square(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$72
  • Pool
All reviewsgreat locationsister hotelfew minutes walkbreakfast was includedwaterfront areatravel deskhop on hop off busrobben islandturn down servicequiet locationtravel agentstayed here for nightsstandard roomcomfortable roomsmall poolwater frontsafe area
Reviewed 25 January 2018

I found myself staying in Cape Town when my husband had a stroke and we were therefore not able to take our booked cruise. I cannot speak highly enough of the staff at the hotel as they knew my circumstances and went out of their way to make me feel welcome, safe and were very caring without being intrusive. For the rest of my life I will remember their collective kindness to me. I believe people make a difference to every business and certainly The Portswood Hotel has great staff i.e. from the staff at the front door, reception staff, dining room/kitchen staff, bar staff and the ladies who looked after my room. The food whether your are talking about breakfast, lunch or dinner is simply excellent (and there is a lot of it - probably too much). Unfortunately I have a food allergy (sulphates) which means I am not able to eat a lot of things without getting violently ill. The chefs were fantastic; they would cook my meal without the things which I cannot eat. The food tasted and looked great. My room was certainly large enough for me and was very well maintained. I had a separate bathroom and overlooked the swimming pool. Whilst it was a short, safe walk to the V & A Waterfront Area the surrounds of the immediate hotel were so peaceful with good outdoor areas to sit quietly. When my husband was discharged from hospital he also stayed at the hotel for 6 nights and fully supports my view. We provided a review direct to the hotel which named specific staff members who went out of their way to be helpful and supportive to me. The Portswood Hotel is a real gem. I don't make this statement lightly as my husband and I have been travelling the world regularly since 1978 and have stayed in many hotels across a wide variety of countries.

Stayed: December 2017
1  Thank Evron M
JvanderMerwe, Guest Relations Manager at The PortsWood, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback and kind words. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back sooner rather than later.

Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

I had the pleasure of hosting a group at the Portswood Hotel prior to boarding a cruise out of Cape Town. The staff are very welcoming and highly efficient. The rooms were very nicely appointed and one’s every need was catered for.
They also have a traditional Cape Malay buffet that I found very tasty, although those who do not like spicy food should order from their ala carte menu. The hotel is a few paces from the wonderful world of dining, shopping and entertainment and it gets a definate thumbs up from me!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

The hotel is well located within a couple of 100m of the waterfront and all that has to offer.
Although the hotel was comfortable there are areas that would benefit from updating. The service was good but not too many smiley faces apart from the door staff and a couple of waiting staff.
Breakfast was good and set you up for the day. Due to the water restrictions the pool was unavailable and the A/c in our room was extremely noisy. But overall all a pleasant enough stay.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
JvanderMerwe, Guest Relations Manager at The PortsWood, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for 10 nights.
The hotel arranged airport transfers for us which was very helpful and booked all our trips.
Breakfast was good.
Comfy, clean rooms.
There was a drought so couldn’t use the hotel pool however we were able to use the pool in another hotel. This was perfect and never too busy! The pool was only open a few hours but this didn’t cause any issues.
All the staff are so friendly and helpful especially the bar staff.
The location is excellent very close to the V&A waterfront. Close and safe to walk.
Would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Cape Town
Had an amazing stay

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 January 2018

Ports World is located in a great location just a short walk from the Waterfront area. The breakfast was fantastic and the staff was extremely welcoming. On our final day, they arranged to have a packed breakfast as our pick up was before breakfast opened. The WiFi was good and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. We even had some laundry done and they were able to have that completed quickly. Would definitely recommend this location for people visiting Cape Town.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
JvanderMerwe, Guest Relations Manager at The PortsWood, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018