Stayed for one night only. The hotel is 2 min from V&A Waterfront and in comfortable walking distance to the central parts of Cape Town.
I got upgraded to a business room at check in and the fluffy towels and amenities provided were good. Rom clean, well planned/furbished and bathroom had space to put ones things in. No noise from any neighbours (probably linked to the fact that it used to be a prison).
Did not have breakfast as there are nice morning places to choose from at the Waterfront. Would definitely stay again.
The hotel had a washing machine/tumble drier area which is an added bonus.
The Aquarium and Double Decker Bus tour of the city is just across the road from the hotel. The latter is highly recommended for a fast 1,5 hour basic introduction to the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Balance modern comfort and and experience soaking in the rich history of Cape Town with a stay at Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Waterfront Breakwater Lodge. Our hotel in Cape Town, South Africa sits right next to the city's fantastic V&A Waterfront, a minute from restaurants, shops and theatres. We're perfectly poised to give you a feel for the heart of the Waterfront area, just 25 km from Cape Town International Airport. Enjoy easy access to beaches, mountains and city hotspots from our accommodations, as well as convenience getting to Cape Town International Convention Center and Cape Town Stadium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Protea Hotel Cape Town Waterfront Breakwater Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Breakwater Cape Town Central
- Breakwater Hotel Cape Town
- The Breakwater Hotel