This hotel is really in the perfect location for exploring Cape Town. We walked to the V&A waterfront every day, but also used it as a base for driving to other locations. The rooms are also nice and clean, and a great size for the price. The hotel layout is a little confusing/maze like, but I guess that makes sense since it is a former prison. The staff was friendly and the parking was convenient and seemed safe.
We did not get the breakfast with our room, in part because I had read that you have to walk through the business school to get to it, but we did check it out one day. It's not the worst breakfast buffett, but also not the best. I wouldn't recommend it, since there are plenty of cute restaurants within walking distance nearby that are better, but if you're a person who likes to eat early every morning, you may want to get it. Many of the other places don't open until 10 a.m.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Balance modern comfort and and experience soaking in the rich history of Cape Town with a stay at Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Waterfront Breakwater Lodge. Our hotel in Cape Town, South Africa sits right next to the city's fantastic V&A Waterfront, a minute from restaurants, shops and theatres. We're perfectly poised to give you a feel for the heart of the Waterfront area, just 25 km from Cape Town International Airport. Enjoy easy access to beaches, mountains and city hotspots from our accommodations, as well as convenience getting to Cape Town International Convention Center and Cape Town Stadium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Protea Hotel Cape Town Waterfront Breakwater Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Breakwater Cape Town Central
- Breakwater Hotel Cape Town
- The Breakwater Hotel