We have stayed her twice now. It is strange with the mix of college and hotel especially in the part of the hotel with the breakfast room but it really is not a problem. We had a deluxe room overlooking the waterfont area where the red tourist bus leaves from.The room had a king size bed with very fresh bedding, and was comfortably larger than the standard room we had first time. There was a bath and shower, although with the water shortage, baths are not recommended. The breakfast buffet has a good selection. It suits us for our first few nights in South Africa, before we hit the road. For early arrivals the reception team do attempt to get you in earlier than the 1400 check-in time, which is greatly appreciated. The location could not be better for walking to the Waterfront and Green point.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Balance modern comfort and and experience soaking in the rich history of Cape Town with a stay at Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Waterfront Breakwater Lodge. Our hotel in Cape Town, South Africa sits right next to the city's fantastic V&A Waterfront, a minute from restaurants, shops and theatres. We're perfectly poised to give you a feel for the heart of the Waterfront area, just 25 km from Cape Town International Airport. Enjoy easy access to beaches, mountains and city hotspots from our accommodations, as well as convenience getting to Cape Town International Convention Center and Cape Town Stadium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Waterfront Breakwater Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Breakwater Cape Town Central
- Breakwater Hotel Cape Town
- The Breakwater Hotel