We booked three executive suite rooms and I wasn't disappointed.
Everything worked well and the room was spotless.
There is complimentary water from the reception, but you can only order two at a time.
The foyer is a bit congested so just be a little patient when checking in if you are in a large group.
If you need to bear near the Waterfront it is within walking distance and we felt safe.
The hotel is attached to the Graduate School of Business one of South Africa's which hosts the most prestigious MBA programme. A walk through the restored prison (GSB) should inspire you to pick up your books again.
Our family enjoyed the lounges at the end of the passage where we would congregate before leaving for the day.
The wifi was free but not great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Balance modern comfort and and experience soaking in the rich history of Cape Town with a stay at Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Waterfront Breakwater Lodge. Our hotel in Cape Town, South Africa sits right next to the city's fantastic V&A Waterfront, a minute from restaurants, shops and theatres. We're perfectly poised to give you a feel for the heart of the Waterfront area, just 25 km from Cape Town International Airport. Enjoy easy access to beaches, mountains and city hotspots from our accommodations, as well as convenience getting to Cape Town International Convention Center and Cape Town Stadium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Waterfront Breakwater Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Breakwater Cape Town Central
- Breakwater Hotel Cape Town
- The Breakwater Hotel