The Table Bay Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Dock House Boutique Hotel(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
The PortsWood(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
The Commodore(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
The Silo Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
Cape Grace(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Mountain Marina(Cape Town Central)
  • Restaurant
Waterfront Village(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
Reviews (2 498)
2 498 results
1 812
1 812
All reviewstable mountaindirect accesshigh teabreakfast buffetoystersbeautiful hotelrose petalsnougatvictoria wharfstar hotelrobben islandturn down serviceduty managerlarge hotelwaterfront areaconcierge deskwater front
FilterAll languages
674 - 679 of 2 498 reviews
Reviewed 7 July 2016

Modern hotel with the bygone elegance of yester year. Suited bell boys greet you and can't do enough for you. Opulent reception atrium and first class desk service. Well appointed rooms with all the amenities you would expect from a class hotel. Great breakfast over 250 items!! Decent ym and spa area, nice but small pool and jacuzzi area.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2016

We decided to stay over in the City after my wife had an afternoon function close by. The price was most certainly among the 3 most expensive hotels in the City.

We opted for the more expensive room facing the bay and the mountain and our room was magnificent. Comfortable with spacious bathroom, shower and separate toilet.

The room was fitted with a room fridge that apparently was stocked but to my disappointment, this was locked? I thought it weird for a five star hotel.

We had great service from reception and asked for a dinner reservation and this was confirmed soon after we arrived.

We had pre-dinner cocktails and then went for a meal in the restaurant. I was shocked by the location of the restaurant. The dinner tables are situated in an area that was obviously an old passage or foyer or something. I have to mention that we had a meal here before and previously the dinner was offered in the dining area where breakfast is served now.

Our table was a round coffee shop style table and no table cloth. It was situated in the middle of this walkway squeezed up against a glass sliding door that was unbearable cold as it was in the middle of winter. One of the colder Cape Town days.

When i mentioned that to the maître d, I could not ask for a better response to try and facilitate us. The manager was also great and although we had to wait another 30 minutes or so, we were allocated a decent table for dinner.

The food was a little disappointing and not worth the culinary experience for a hotel that is rated amongst the top hotels in Cape Town.

Breakfast was included in our package and i ordered eggs Benedict. Once again the service staff was great and faultless. My breakfast was served promptly but what was served was not traditional Eggs benedict. The hollandaise sauce was a type of melted butter sauce with a squeeze of lemon juice as an afterthought and not really edible.

To finalise this report I would like to once again mention the staff at the Table Bay hotel.
• Reception Staff – unbelievable
• Room condition and neatness – top notch
• Support staff in the restaurants – faultless
• Barmen in the Union Bar – Amazing

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark-Lynnie
Reviewed 5 July 2016

Even I stayed only one night – twenty years after my last stay – , I enjoyed the Table Bay very much. I was especially grateful that I was given a room that perfectly matched my (announced) preferences: upper level, non smoking, table mountain view. Staff was very helpful and also very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 July 2016

From the valet staff saying "welcome home" when we arrived to the professional and efficient reception staff, the hotel offers well trained and corteous staff throughout the hotel.
The room was most comforatble with every amenity on hand.
Our stay was specifically over the weekend of my husband's birthday and the staff went out of their way to make it a memorable exprience. We received complimentary champagne and a birthday cake which made the stay very special.
The buffet breakfast is stupendous!
The location is excellent for visiting the Cape Town sights and the hotel has direct access into the shopping mall.
The views are excellent from all rooms but my favourite are the mountain views.
Truly a great hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view room over the V&A Waterfront
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

Beautiful hotel, amazing rooms and stunning views of table mountain. Set in a brilliant location on the v & a waterfront, right in the centre of the action. Breakfast is the biggest variety that I have ever seen! Food is stunning. The staff are super attentive and helpful. Definitely worth a visit!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple