Hotels.com
Reviews (2 613)
2 613 results
2 197
2 197
All reviews high tea planet bar oasis restaurant pink lady tennis courts famous afternoon tea main building beautiful hotel junior suite oysters company gardens concierge desk luxury hotel south africa kloof street our honeymoon ellie
Selected filters
30 - 35 of 2 613 reviews
Reviewed 19 February 2024

Our entire stay was "over the top" in every way, shape, and form!!
We experienced nothing but true dedication and passion from every single employee that we came into contact with.
I cannot think of a single thing that I would change.
Thank you for making us feel so special!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Klaus Kallweit, Other at Mount Nelson, A Belmond Hotel, Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2024

Dear Mfish325,

Thank you for your feedback.
I am thrilled to learn that you had a "special" experience with us.
I will make sure to pass on your compliments to the team.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 19 February 2024

My husband and I have been lucky enough to holiday at the Mount Nelson for over a decade, which tells you all you need to know about how wonderful this hotel is. Its not just the old-world charm and beauty of the hotel, or the delightful gardens that provide an oasis in the middle of a busy city that keep us coming back. It’s the staff who make the Nelly so much more than just another luxury 5-star hotel. They are the beating heart of the iconic pink lady, and they manage the seemingly impossible task of delivering impeccable, professional service whilst remaining warm, friendly, and individual.
Before arrival the reservations team were in touch to ensure our stay would be perfect. They even sent birthday greetings to my sister (a month before we travelled!) On arrival we were greeted with rose scented towels, chilled champagne, and the warmest bear hug from the delightful Cristal on reception, who greeted us as if we were family. After a long flight it was wonderful to be ‘home.’
Cape Town has lots to offer, but if, like us, you want to relax and enjoy the sunshine, you may find it difficult to leave the hotel. After an incredible breakfast served poolside, it’s hard to resist the lure of a deeply cushioned sun lounger beneath a parasol that will be positioned exactly to your requirements. Smiling pool staff will attend to your every need, and surprise and delight through the day with tasty, complimentary treats (I convinced myself that the healthy fruit skewers offset the freshly made ice cream!)
After a day in the sun, there is no better place to cool down than the planet bar. Balmy evenings sitting on the terrace are magical. Benson overseas this convivial waterhole and seems to be able to conjure up a table just when you need one. Like all the staff, his sixth sense is attuned to whatever guests need and he knows exactly which cocktail will hit the spot! A special mention to Sim who has the biggest smile, and the warmest heart.
We were spoilt for choice about where to dine, as each venue serves delicious food. For an evening meal the Veranda was hard to beat. The food matches any of the top restaurants found in the city, but the décor, view and service outshone any of the crowded, noisy offerings outside of the hallowed grounds of the Nelly.
As a guest I felt our every need was anticipated and our expectations exceeded. Busi who has the role of guest experience manager, seemed to know every guest by name and was always visible and ready to chat. Like a swan she glides through the hotel, gleaning snippets of information that she uses to elevate and personalise service. When my husband happened to mention to her that I had been unwell, rehydration salts and bottled water were delivered to our room within the hour. A lot of hard work goes on behind that calm exterior to ensure each guest feels valued.
When LVMH took over the Belmond brand in 2019 we were concerned that the Nelly would lose some of her old-world charm and character. We needn’t have worried. Under new ownership the hotel has evolved and grown without losing sight of its heritage. The timeless elegance lives on, but the offerings have become more innovative and luxurious. Best of all the sense of family prevails, and in their smart new uniforms you can see how proud the staff are to be able to deliver excellence.

Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank lynnw432

Dear Ceilidhsmum,

I am absolutely thrilled to receive your incredible review!
Thank you so much for taking the time to share such detailed feedback that truly captures the beauty of Mount Nelson. Most importantly, I appreciate your recognition of our exceptional Nellie Team. I will be proud to share your thoughtful compliments with Cristal, Benson, Sim, Busi, and the entire team. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 19 February 2024

Cannot sing enough praises for this hotel. An absolute paradise with a grandeur that only occurs in fairytales. A feast for the senses at every turn. The breathtaking beauty of the grounds and historic architecture, the aromatic fragrances of the exotic but perfect manicured gardens and the delicious food round out the ideal experience.

But what truly tops it off is the service like no other! Hats off to our guest experience manager, Gareth Crewe! The classiest, most attentive and generous man you can imagine. Gareth, along with his colleagues took the concept of “above and beyond” to a whole new level. Thank you Gareth and your team for being the heart of our stay, ensuring we left as the happiest couple on earth. And also a special shoutout to Rojeanne, the world’s most amazing masseuse at the spectacular Librisa Spa!

Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Klaus Kallweit, Other at Mount Nelson, A Belmond Hotel, Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2024

Dear Roving50869099938,

Thank you for your kind review.
Your warm words about our beautiful property and excellent service mean a lot to us.
I'm thrilled to hear that Gareth and Rojeanne provided outstanding service and left a positive impression on you.
We would be delighted to welcome you back soon and provide you with another memorable experience.

Reviewed 9 February 2024

This is my third year staying at the Mount Nelson and I always have such an amazing experience! The hotel is just so beautiful and the staff are so lovely and helpful. I would definitely recommend to anyone visiting Cape Town.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank daisyoz94
Klaus Kallweit, Other at Mount Nelson, A Belmond Hotel, Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2024

Dear daisyoz94,

Thank you for your kind review.
The Nellie Team will be excited to welcome you back for your fourth visit.

Reviewed 8 February 2024

A beautiful hotel property with pleasant qell trained staff. Easily one of the best hotel properties I've ever stayed.
The grounds , buildings and rooms are amazing.
The food in the restaurant was great.
I would stay at this hotel on our next visit.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eula01

Dear Eula01,

Thank you for your positive review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our beautiful property. Your comments have been shared with the team, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.