Lowest prices for your stay
US$640
Reviews (2 530)
2 532 results
2 259
2 259
All reviews signal restaurant table mountain five star hotel south africa waterfront
Selected filters
26 - 31 of 2 532 reviews
Reviewed 2 February 2020

Having been to Cape Town before, I thought very carefully about where to stay this time. The Cape Grace exceeded my expectations. From the booking to checkout everything was perfect. Nosi in the booking department was very patient and helpful with my changes to my booking on more than one occasion!

We had a privilege rooftop room which was gorgeous with our own concierge on our floor. The room was very spacious with a gorgeous view from our balcony. The furnishings were classy and the bed so comfortable. There was a separate dressing area and walk in wardrobe and the bathroom was spacious with separate bath and shower cubicle. I loved the heated towel rail. The toilet was private with its own door. The toiletries supplied were lovely.

We ate dinner in the Signal restaurant the first night. We had the vegetarian tasting menu with paired wines. The food was outstanding, one of the best meals I have had. The wines were generously poured I gave up on the 4th & 5th glass considering we had arrived that day on an overnight flight!

Breakfast was also very good. You help yourself to a varied buffet and you are served drinks and your choice of hot food. The service in the restaurant was spot on as it was everywhere in the hotel.

We pre booked the complimentary chauffeur service a couple of times to take and collect us from restaurants and they were the nicest guys.

I have stayed in many hotels all over the world and this is one of the best in my view. If you are going to Cape Town this is absolutely the place to stay.

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 1 February 2020

We stayed at the Cape Grace for our first time in Cape Town and had the most wonderful time. The staff are friendly, professional and can't do enough for you. The room was spacious with a lovely view of the Marina and was kept clean and to a very high standard. The buffet breakfast had a good selection and they always seemed to know you each morning which to me is the sign of excellent service. Our only negative was the fact that the pool area had an awful lot of concrete and this made it too enclosed to sit comfortably in the sun but other than that it was a most enjoyable stay

2  Thank Dianeha
Reviewed 27 January 2020 via mobile

I don't have enough superlatives to describe our experience at Cape Grace. Everything I had read from previous reviews was was spot on and then some. It was the most fabulous hotel experience we have ever had and easily topped our experiences during previous stays at the Mount Nelson and 12 Apostles, both of which we really enjoyed. I can only reiterate the sentiments of other reviews and say that whilst the location, food, accommodation and beautiful building all add to the experience, it is the staff who truly make this hotel stand out in a league of it's own. My husband and I were blown away by the warmth and professionalism of everyone we met. My husband was unwell during our stay and I'd like to thank Julie for her kindness and genuine concern and help in calling a doctor who attended my husband in our room. The next day as soon as she saw my husband she asked after his health, referring to him by name commenting that he was looking better. I've never known such a personal approach. The day after we left Cape Grace we had cause to be back at the Waterfront and were genuinely sad looking at the hotel, we did not want to return to our new accommodation. Cape Grace truly sets the bar for other establishments to aspire to. We will never want to stay anywhere else when we are next in Cape Town. Thank you so very much to everyone who made our stay so wonderful and memorable from 13-19 January.

Warmest regards
Shelley & Terry Bridgwater

1  Thank TerryandShelley
Reviewed 26 January 2020 via mobile

An exceptional experience from beginning to end. The facilities are both modern and yet do a wonderful job of capturing the essence of the period building. The views of the waterfront and Table Mountain beyond were so stunning and the location within the V&A allowed for us to explore.

The concierge was particularly helpful, booking us last minute dinner at one of the top restaurants in the city. I loved how everyone would say ‘welcome home’ when we came in. Very warm and welcoming.

Breakfast was stunning - a huge assortment of fresh fruit and pastries, hot food available for order, yummy green juice with ginger and the most delicious sparkling wine. What a way to start the day!

I was there celebrating with my husband and they have us a bottle of bubbles and sweets with the most lovely note. All the little touches added up.

I would say the spa treatment was just ok but it was reasonably priced so no issue there.

Five star hotels can be similar - it’s the staff and the little touches that make them stand out. The staff here really so it proud. I simply did not want to leave and I will be back!!

1  Thank mousehouse44
Reviewed 25 January 2020

We spent four nights at the Cape Grace in January 2020 and, like during our first stay there three years ago, everything was perfect. This hotel has everything: Great location at the V&A Waterfront, nice rooms and amenities, a wonderful restaurant (Signal) and, most importantly, friendly and attentive staff. We will certainly return upon our next visit to Cape Town.

2  Thank K_H_Germany