“Just fantastic”
Review of Cape Grace

Cape Grace
Ranked #7 of 112 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Cape Grace for the second part of our honeymoon after staying for a week at the Four Seasons in Mauritius. The Four Seasons was amazing and I was slightly nervous to see whether Cape Grace would live up to the standard - I should not have worried!

Put simply Cape Grace is one of the most outstanding places we have stayed in anywhere and we have been lucky enough to stay in some phenomenal hotels over the years both for business and pleasure.

We were slightly worried before we arrived that the style of the hotel might be a little old fashioned for our taste. No such issues - it is grand, comfortable and impeccably furnished. We had a terrace room on the 4th floor which was large and extremely well appointed

As others have mentioned, the staff in the hotel are amazing. From 'Q' at breakfast to the wonderful doormen and drivers (Edward, Ricky and Trevor), we were treated like royalty. Cape Grace also manages to allow their staff to keep their own personalities whilst maintaining professionalism - it was great to get to know so many of them over the week we stayed there.

Also a big shout out to Hoon - the concierge who put up with us emailing him 11 months in advance requesting restaurant bookings.

7 days was not enough in Cape Town or the Cape Grace. We will be back but for at least two weeks next time.

Book it - you will not regret it

Thanks so much to all of the staff for such a wonderful trip

Ben and Trish Edwards

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LittleLiability
Write a ReviewReviews (2 129)

262 - 266 of 2 129 reviews

Reviewed 14 January 2017

We stayed at the Cape Grace over New years 2017 and it was a wonderful experience. The staff truly do go above and beyond - no matter what we asked, they came through. The rooms are beautiful and many of them have beautiful views. The spa and gym are both lovely and the location is really fantastic, as it is right on the waterfront near the wharf. We would absolutely recommend this over any other hotel in cape town.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ashley b
Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

We have stayed in wonderful hotels throughout the world but Cape Grace beats them all for service,style,comfort and luxury.The rooms are fabulous and the decor is elegant and stylish.
The location of the hotel could not be better as it is a stone's throw from the V&A Waterfront.
A memorable stay and we hope to return one day.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Geraldine B
Reviewed 13 January 2017

Stayed here in December as solo traveller and this hotel was the most luxurious that I experienced in South Africa. The Xmas decorations were stunning, very class! There were Xmas treats on every floor for guests to help themselves.

My room was well appointed and very comfortable, with sufficient amenities. Breakfast each morning was excellent, although some of the waiting staff weren't up to speed on some of the dishes on offer (minor blip that was rectified). Staff very helpful.

Well located, easy to get to anywhere along the waterfront.

The pool area is really lovely and well maintained. Very comfortable and service was excellent.

On my last day, I fancied an Italian meal. When I enquired at the hotel restaurant about good Italian restaurants, they asked me what specific Italian dish I fancied. When I told them, they phoned down to the kitchen and the chef cooked that dish especially, even though it wasn't on the menu. (this is just one example of how the staff go above and beyond).

The complementary car service is a bonus. Concierge were very helpful and ahead of my trip they kindly booked all restaurants that I wanted to book.

I would not hesitate to stay here again if in Cape Town.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Miranda C
Reviewed 13 January 2017

Worth every cent for a luxurious treatment at the Spa!

My husband and I had a couples massage at the hotel, and I completely loved our experience. The service was excellent, the environment clean and beautiful.

Very worth it for a nice spoil.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1 646 reviews
Taj Cape Town
#15 of 112 in Cape Town Central
1 841 reviews
Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, C...
#30 of 112 in Cape Town Central
1 820 reviews
Victoria & Alfred Hotel
#22 of 112 in Cape Town Central
1 599 reviews

Been to Cape Grace? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Cape Grace

Address: West Quay Road | Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, Cape Town Central 8001, South Africa
Region: South Africa > Western Cape > Cape Town > Cape Town Central
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#2 Spa Hotel in Cape Town Central
#3 Romantic Hotel in Cape Town Central
#4 Business Hotel in Cape Town Central
#4 Family Hotel in Cape Town Central
#7 Luxury Hotel in Cape Town Central
Price Range: R7 766 - R27 808 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:5 star — Cape Grace 5*
Nestled on a private quay between the working harbour of Cape Town’s bustling Victoria & Alfred Waterfront and the serenity of an international yacht marina, Cape Grace is a welcoming and gracious sanctuary of tradition, sophistication and contemporary comfort. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cape Grace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Cape Grace Hotel Cape Town Central