Reviews (2 330)
2 330 results
2 078
2 078
All reviews signal restaurant bascule bar welcome home whiskey bar table mountain complimentary car service dressing area chauffeur service overlooking the marina beautiful hotel our honeymoon every member of staff luxury room perfect location rooms are spacious waterfront area bottle of champagne
590 - 595 of 2 330 reviews
Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

This was my first visit to the Cape Grace Hotel as I was in Cape Town to experience the New Year festivities. Every aspect of my 5 day stay was outstanding. The staff from reception to restaurant to concierge (Hoon in particular) were very friendly and helpful. The decor in the foyer, the hallways and the rooms was beautiful ... luxurious in the foyer, understated and elegant elsewhere. My room faced the waterfront, allowing me views of the harbour while enjoying the morning sun. Breakfast in the restaurant was equally enjoyable. There was a great selection of cereals, fruits and cooked foods to satisfy any appetite. It is not inexpensive by any means. Over many years I have visited Cape Town a number of times and have stayed in 5 star big name hotels and in small boutique hotels. All have been good, but the Cape Grace is something very special. In 2017 my partner and I will visit here after 2 weeks of safari in Southern Africa. I am looking forward to being able to share with her the delights of this hotel and the waterfront in the Mother City.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

As a journalist the top-of-mind thing about a five-star hotel for which I search is "what are they doing wrong." Yep, it is a fault from which we suffer. Critics, all of us. At the Cape Grace my list of faults was ... empty. Good food, great breakfast, impeccable service, friendly and happy staff, superb rooms, delight-filled bathrooms. Great hotel, great position, great views, great cuisine, great city. Worth every star.

Stayed: August 2016
Reviewed 27 August 2016

From the greeting at the door "welcome home" from the concierge the stay just gets better and better, I had booked 2 nights and stayed an extra two, I didn't want to leave. We're going back to SA next year and we're definitely staying here. The rooms are beautiful we had a suite, the food is delicious, the bar great, pool amazing and the spa is wonderful. Did I mention the staff who really cannot do enough for you and make you feel so welcome, I wish I could live here forever :-) thank you for a wonderful stay X this hotel is a MUST stay even for one night.

Room Tip: Had a suite with harbour views and Mountain views with balcony, it was gorgeous
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2016

What a lovely hotel!!!! The rooms are exceptional. The views are amazing and the staff could not be more helpful. It's in a great location, right by the V&A Waterfornt. This hotel makes one feel special!!!!

Stayed: August 2016
Reviewed 24 August 2016

This is about the 11th time we have been at Cape Grace.
Just awesome.
It keeps getting better. The breakfasts with the rosti potatoes are absolutely the best.
No task or request is to small or large.
Extraordinary desire to serve.
Must say they are having more of a problem with beggars etc. Plus construction has you walking in unlit areas at night to get to the wharf.
But when you are inside you are HOME

Room Tip: wharf side can be noisy in the afternoons
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends