“A treasure to be explored”
Review of Cape Grace

Cape Grace
Ranked #7 of 112 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 12 November 2015

I visited the Cape Grace Hotel several months ago, much to my surprise it was the best hotel experience I've ever had. The staff and associated vendors were perfect from our pick-up at the airport to return trip. To be greeted by name and welcomed back to the property was a nice touch and a hint at the attention to detail. I recommend the whisky tasting and a romantic dinner at the Signal onsite restaurant. Our room came with an awesome view of the harbor and Table Mountain.

Room Tip: Book a room with a view of Table Mountain.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2 151)

687 - 691 of 2 151 reviews

Reviewed 11 November 2015

We were staying for three nights as a party of two adults and a six year old boy. The service started with complimentary transfer from the airport to the hotel, where the doormen already knew our youngster's name, making him feel special right from the off. Checking in over a freshly made and extremely refreshing iced tea, we learned all about the hotel, the V&A waterfront in which it is situated and how to access Cape Town safely. Our room was a superior double, overlooking the marina and Signal Hill, and was extremely comfortable, and well appointed. Genuine five star facility. We used the complimentary limo service to take us to and from Table Mountain. We ate in the wonderful Signal restaurant in the hotel, as well as eating around the pool, and in our room. At all times the food and service was wonderful. We don't have a bad word to say about this hotel, and all of its friendly, attentive, but relaxed staff. Thank you.

Room Tip: Go for the views over the marina and signal hill. The other side overlooks the less beautiful part o...
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2015

Cape Grace Hotel was the first place I stayed when traveling through South Africa. I was fortunate to stay at Cape Grace at the beginning on an epic journey. I stayed there while visiting Cape Town and the wineries of the area, before taking the Blue Train to Jo-burg, then on to Botswana and Zimbabwe. As wonderful as the rest of my trip was, I look for any reason to return to stay at The Cape Grace. The food was great and the staff very friendly. The room I had overlooked the marina and although the hotel is newly remodeled the decor was of a time long past. The place truly is beautiful. I would recommend Cape Grace to any and all.

Room Tip: All rooms have water views but the rooms that face the marina are wonderful.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 November 2015

Having stayed at many hotels around the world for both pleasure and for business, I can honesttly say this hotel is now my favourite! The attention to detail was excellent, from check in to check out my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay which was part of a 2 week trip for our wedding anniversary, made all the more special with a bottle of champagne in our room on arrival! The staff were exceptional, very friendly and we were made to feel very welcome. Hoon the concierge was awesome! and helped us plan our days to perfection. A great stay and I would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floor with View Overlooking the marina
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2015 via mobile

Excellent hotel , with beautiful views and wonderful staff.
Our 4 children loved the pool and the proximity to the V&A waterfront.
Felt very at home in an apartment and he housekeeping staff did an excellent job! The treats left for the children were an added bonus and made our 5 year old daughter feel very special , thank you!
Top notch food, top notch surroundings, top notch staff and what more is there to say ? Simply perfect.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1 617 reviews
Taj Cape Town
#15 of 112 in Cape Town Central
1 863 reviews
Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, C...
#32 of 112 in Cape Town Central
1 859 reviews

Been to Cape Grace? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Cape Grace

Address: West Quay Road | Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, Cape Town Central 8001, South Africa
Region: South Africa > Western Cape > Cape Town > Cape Town Central
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#2 Spa Hotel in Cape Town Central
#3 Romantic Hotel in Cape Town Central
#4 Family Hotel in Cape Town Central
#4 Business Hotel in Cape Town Central
#7 Luxury Hotel in Cape Town Central
Price Range: R 7 270 - R 16 887 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:5 star — Cape Grace 5*
Nestled on a private quay between the working harbour of Cape Town’s bustling Victoria & Alfred Waterfront and the serenity of an international yacht marina, Cape Grace is a welcoming and gracious sanctuary of tradition, sophistication and contemporary comfort. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cape Grace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Cape Grace Hotel Cape Town Central