“I'm a total fan of Goloso”
Review of Goloso

Ranked #70 of 1 257 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Established in 2010, Goloso has become a firm local favorite for authentic Italian cuisine served in a welcoming, relaxing environment. Specializing in hand made pasta and stone baked pizza, we also offer a wide variety of starters, grills and delectable home made desserts, as well a full bar boasting a comprehensive wine list and Darling Brew craft beer on tap. Owner run and managed, we take pride in offering great food, friendly service and unbeatable value for money through our daily lunch and dinner specials.
Reviewed 9 January 2018

We've been dining at Goloso frequently over the last 12 months. It impressed us the first time, and has been consistent every since. We're so pleased to have found this haven of calm so close to home, as its everything you could wish for from a neighbourhood restaurant.

Over the months I enjoyed the cannelloni too many times to admit to, but adventured onto other options from their freshly made exquisite pasta and sauces as well as their fantastic pizzas and main dishes such as the succulent and delicious lemon chicken.

I'm devastated to say I have never made it to their dessert menu as the portion size is very generous, but I plan to alter this fact by way of a New Years resolution..."I must eat Tiramisu"

Wine choice by the bottle and carafe is super and very reasonable.

To conclude, a visit to Goloso will leave you contented in every way

Goloso_Owner, Owner at Goloso, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Dear Ruth

Thank you so much for this lovely review. Over the past year you've really supported us wonderfully, and we remain very grateful.
We are super happy to hear you enjoy our home made cuisine and humble setting so much. We aim to keep it like this for as long as we can.

Thank you again for your patronage, our doors will always be open to you.

See you soon!

Reviewed 6 January 2018

the food and service in this little restaurant far exceeded anything we were expecting. The pizzas,both gluten free and normal, were delicious. A lovely relaxed atmosphere and they accommodated 8 of us including 2 children with no fuss. Very reasonable corkage even though the wine selection is fine. I will certainly go back to this cute italian restaurant!

1  Thank margiehk
Goloso_Owner, Owner at Goloso, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Dear guest

Thank you so much for your visit and this lovely review. We are really glad you enjoyed everything so much.
Your compliments are music to our ears.
Many thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you again.

All the best

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

December vibe and this place pumps.
It's convenient on the main road and is nearly cheap.
Would I go again? Yip probably BUT management need to interact more with the customers.
My canneloni was great and my wife's pizza, yummy.
The house wine was cheap but good.
Worth a visit

Goloso_Owner, Owner at Goloso, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your visit and this review. I am super happy to hear you enjoyed our hand made pasta and stone baked pizza so much. Thank you also for noting that we serve good quality house wine at a low price, something we try hard to maintain in this tough economic climate.

I do apologise that I was unable to chat to you personally during your visit, as you noted in your opening line, we are extremely busy this time of year, doing up to three times our usual volumes, and while I do try to check on every table myself, sometimes I have my hands a little full running the place. Rest assured though that any feedback you may have had would reach me directly via your waiter, and I hope on your next visit I will be able to have a short chat with you.

Thanks again for your visit, we look forward to seeing you again.

Best regards

Johan Slabbert
Owner

Reviewed 28 December 2017

Waited 1 3/4 hrs for pizzas on Xmas Day. Takeout orders were going out and 3 tables served before us. Owner apologized and gave us 2 meals free but no compensation for frustrating evening. He admitted there was a mistake with our order in kitchen.

Goloso_Owner, Owner at Goloso, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you for your visit.

I can only once again humbly apologise for the long wait for your food on the evening of Christmas Day.

As I explained to you on the night, one of our chefs went into 4 months premature labor that afternoon, something completely unexpected and unplanned, and we were a little short handed in the kitchen as a result.
Normally this would not be a major issue, as we have staff to cover, but this year we were one of only two restaurants on the road brave (or stupid) enough to open on the 25th, so we were completely and utterly inundated with dining requests from hungry customers.
Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, this resulted in an error with your tables food preparation, as the docket was misplaced and fell behind some later tables.

Please understand that the above explanation is not an excuse, I take full responsibility for what went wrong, and that is why I personally apologised to you on the night, and comped the two most expensive items on your bill to try and make amends for the long waiting time.

I will admit I am slightly surprised by this review, since we fully acknowledged the error on our part, and we apologised and compensated you for it, and your words to me at the end was "Don't worry, there was a mistake but you made a good recovery".
Yet, you still chose to write a public review about this, leaving out the compliments you had about the food, and only focusing on the one negative you could find (for which we apologised, made amends and were assured you accept the apology)
I'm sorry to say but that smacks of underhand vindictiveness, and if that is the kind of support we can expect from you in future, then please be advised we are better off without your patronage.

Regards
Johan Slabbert
Owner

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

I went Goloso on my first day of CT trip. It was near the hotel we stayed and there are many restaurant in this area.
We went over 21:00 but friendly staff was welcomed us.
Pasta is very good and rhey have many wine lists. I hope visit again.

Goloso_Owner, Owner at Goloso, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your visit and this perfect review. We are super happy you enjoyed our food and hospitality so much.
We look forward to seeing you again!

Best regards