“Great people and awesome diving! ”

Into The Blue Scuba Centre
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Into The Blue Scuba Dive Centre situated in Cape Town is your one stop scuba dive shop. We offer a range of courses from beginner to advanced. There are also a number of first aid and speciality courses, for those who want to take scuba diving further. All our scuba courses are approved by PADI.Our dive centre is equipped with an onsite swimming pool that we use for individual tutelage, but we can comfortably handle large groups with our off-site facilities.We are conveniently located in Sea Point Cape Town, close to many popular hotels as well as the V&A Waterfront. Public transport to our premises is excellent. For those that prefer the personal touch, we do offer a collection and drop off service in and around Cape Town.
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

Into the blue scuba dive center has an amazing group of people working there. They make every dive a fun experience, even if the conditions aren't great. They are very professional and I can recommend them to both newbies as well as experienced divers.

I have been back in Cape Town several times over the past 2 years and I always return to Into the blue when I dive.

Both instructors and DM's make you feel very welcome and have a great service. They help you with anything, just ask!

I can only say "thank you from the bottom of my heart!" These guys have made my trips incredible and unforgettable!

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"skipper"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 16 April 2017

Into the blue is a very well organised and professionally run dive shop. I dived with Into the blue last week, and despite having an early meeting time was greeted by the staff with instant smiles and friendliness. Within 15 minutes the blond lady at reception had our whole groups paperwork sorted, gear packed, and introductions given.

There was a groupf of about 7 of us, and we all got to know eachother and the rest of the staff very well throughout the day. Everyone of the staff was friendly and happy to lend a helping hand, and they were very thorough and professional throughout the day.

The dive conditions didn't end up being so good, but the skipper GP was wise enough to call off the second dive for safety and we were sorted out back at the shop with rescheduling and refunds.

Very well done, and I would highly recommend for any divers visiting Cape town. I will be back to dive with Into the blue again!!!

Reviewed 12 April 2017

The reason for giving five stars is not because my dive day was good - it was horrible, a complete washout, no viz, unpleasant swell, just all round yucky conditions.

However, that's nature, and dive operators can do nothing about it. What all dive operators should do is be as professional and customer-focused as the guys from ITB diving.

First thing to note is that ITB is considerably cheaper (by almost 1000.- Rand) than Simonstown operators, which is baffling considering that they also have the transport cost from Cape Town to budget for.

DMs, Instructors and Shopfloor staff are all super friendly and helpful; I even got picked up from my Cape Town digs and dropped off afterwards, free of charge.

On the boat, I saw all the emergency and redundancy gear I like to see: twin engines (VERY important!), Oxygen, comms gear, flares, the lot. Briefings were thorough, and buddy check was insisted on.

The trip to Seal Rock in the RIB was fun in the swell, but when we got there the captain did not let us dive because of the unsafe conditions. Disappointing as this was, he was totally right. Low tide and heavy swells are a dangerous combination this close to the rocks, and as for trying to get back into a RIB in seas like this....
We then tried the PMB wreck, where zero viz and nasty vertical swell separated the group and forced us out of the water after 25 minutes.

The captain did offer to try another spot but was honest enough to tell us that in his opinion it was going to be rubbish everywhere, and so we called it a day.

Back at the dive shop, we were all offered a re-schedule, but as I'm out of time I was given half my money back. I know from experience that this is not the norm in the industry, sadly.

Into the Blue is a top notch outfit that does things by the book, with a strong safety focus and very customer centered, on top of offering reasonable pricing and a fair refund policy. You'll have a hard time to find a better operator anywhere around. They'll definitely be my first choice when I pass through next, and for doing my IDC sometime this year.

Just hope mother nature will be in better mood then.

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

I booked my Padi Open Water course through Into the Blue and was impressed from start to finish. Easy booking, friendly service and great location. Staff make you feel right at home from the word go, but are professional and always make you feel safe. Small groups helped to get to know people and make new friends from across the globe. Will be back shortly for fun dives and more courses.

1  Thank FrancoisV878
See more reviews
Reviewed 11 February 2017

I did two fun dives with Into The Blue (plus I also booked the shark cage dive through them) and I had an excellent experience. The communication via email was great and the brunette at reception (I'm really sorry but I didn't catch your name) was very friendly and helpful. My dive guide for the day was Jacque, who was also very welcoming and made the day a lot of fun. We did a wreck dive which was okay and then a dive with seals, and from my 800+ dives it was definitely one of my most favourite so far. JP was driving the boat for us and he was very attentive, the whole dive centre seemed very organised and I would definitely recommend them. The only disappointment from the day was that Llewellyn didn't ask me to marry him :)
Thanks a lot guys!