Open today: 08:00 - 18:00
Review Highlights
Cape Fur Seals Dive

We scheduled a two-tank boat dive to dive with the cape fur seals and in the kelp forest. The team... read more

Reviewed 27 July 2021
399haileys
Amazing diving experience and training.

All staff members are super friendly and enthusiastic. My instructors were extremely patient and... read more

Reviewed 5 February 2021
mandyp982

Recommended experiences in and around Cape Town Central
from US$16,87
from US$33,05
from US$53,70
from US$271,96
More Info
All reviews dive shop kelp forest dive master diving experience dive school these guys blue dive awesome diving snorkeling with seals padi open water diver weather conditions an amazing experience great company boat ride dives gear skipper
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 January 2017

I had a great dive with cow sharks near Miller's point but there is still some room for improvement with Into the Blue.
I had contacted the dive center 2 months before going to Cape Town. I found out they did not have my size of boots, so I brought my own, and requested a 15 liter tanks, which was confirmed. The gear was loaded onto a truck in the dive shop and I requested to check the equipment before we left. I did not see the 15 liter tanks but I was assured they would be on the boat. Arriving at the boat, they told me they only had 12 liters available, but that would be big enough. I am not a happy customer, when people tell me something is available when I check be e-mail and check again when I leave the dive shop and other people decide for my I don't need it when I arrive at the dive site.
The cow shark dive was excellent but the waves and the surf caused motion sickness which prevented me from doing the second dive. It would have been nice to have had a warning about this so I could have taken motion sickness pills (like I was advised the next day by the company taking me on the white sharks cage dive). Had I taken them, I would have probably been able to make a second dive.
I brought my own boots, mask and regulator and the gave me a 50 rand discount out of the 650 equipment rental, so the BCD, suit and fins were quite expensive to rent. At the end of the day I paid 2100 rand (about 150 euros) for one dive with a tanks which was not the size they promised. Most of the staff where DMT (which means Dive Master trainee or (advanced) open water divers).

Date of experience: January 2017
3  Thank Geerlings
IntotheB, Owner at Into The Blue Scuba Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2017

Dear Geerlings,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. It's reviews like yours that really helps us to improve our service, and to see where we can do even better. You can rest assured that we will take your comments and use them for the betterment of our shop.

At the moment the biggest boot we stock is a size 13 UK/49 Eur, so I am happy to hear that you were able to bring your own boots with.

It is unfortunate that your 15 liter cylinder did not make in on board, as we can appreciate the fact that you would like to be able to make your dive as long as possible! I trust that the 3 liters of air less didn't have to big an impact on your dive however, as the dives you did were quite shallow. Upon realizing their mistake, the crew did arrange for a 15 liter cylinder to be brought to the site for your second dive, but, unfortunately you felt to sea sick to do the second dive.

As you might know we are a Career Development Centre, which means that, amongst other courses, we also have some Divemaster Courses running every now and again. Perhaps you did not know this, but there was a qualified Instructor leading your dives on the days, as well as a qualified Divemaster. Apart from these 2, there was also 2 "Divemasters in training", which is perhaps where the confusion comes in. Safety is of upmost concern for us, which is why we have a very strict policy of not letting any person who is not a certified Divemaster (or above) leading dives off the boat, furthermore, we always have at least 2 or more qualified Divemasters (or above) on board (with a max of 9 passengers).

I am sorry to hear that you felt seasick. It is not uncommon for the ocean in the Cape Town area to be affected by at least some waves and wind, and our advice is that, if you are prone to seasickness, you always have your tablets at the ready when you go out at sea. Although we normally have a good indication about if the sea will be safe and flat enough for diving, you should always be ready to experience at least a minimal amount of ocean movement in Cape Towns oceans.

Reviewed 12 January 2017

Did an open water scuba dive course and had such an incredible time. Everyone there is so friendly and super professional. You can really see how passionate they all are about diving, and giving others the chance to experience what they do everyday.
As an amputee, I was a little apprehensive about what I was getting myself into, but someone was always there to lend a hand (or a foot) when I needed it. Can't imagine there's a better team to dive with.
Will be back for many more fun dives!

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

We went diving a couple of times with Into the Blue and had a great time. The crew was really friendly and professional and took care of all everything like driving us to the dive sites and back, washing the diving gear and changing the cylinders and we almost felt bad not having to do anything. Will definitely recommend them to anyone wanting to dive in Cape Town.

Date of experience: December 2016
4  Thank mikkos593
Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

I am so happy I chose this dive company to go with for our 2 dives in Cape Town, it was unforgettable.

We got picked up from our hotel on time, (thank you) and we took a small boat out to the dive site. Very bumpy but high winds made for rough seas. The first dive to the wreck was great, COLD but great visibility. Break for a small snack and water, then second dive with the seals an hour later. It was incredible to say the least, and run by professionals. I took many videos and photos, but from most experiences, you need to put the camera down and just ENJOY IT. So exhausted but so happy. The crew were amazing and hard workers, I can't say enough good things. Thank you for a great experience and unforgettable memories!!

Date of experience: November 2016
2  Thank ceepee315
Reviewed 19 June 2016

Getting certified has been on the top of my bucket list for years now, but I have never found the time to do it. I am an American but I was studying in Cape Town for a semester so some friends and I decided to take the plunge and sign up to get our open water cert. I cannot praise Into the Blue enough. What really makes this place incredible is the staff. They were helpful, professional, and fun. For many people, myself included, scuba diving is a completely new experience and having instructors that are helpful while keeping things fun made me more comfortable throughout the experience. As far logistics go, they provide all gear during the certification process and allow you to schedule all of your dives (OW and pool) on your own schedule. All I can say is the next time I am in Cape Town, I will definitely be paying Into the Blue a visit.

Date of experience: May 2016