“Please, do not call it hostel ! :)”

The Backpackers in Green Point
Reviewed 7 February 2016

This place is absolutely amazing.
First of all, it is conveniently located in Green Point which means close to the Waterfront, Table Mountain and Clifton and Camps Bay beaches.
Second, it is superbly managed by a crew of guys, always ready to keep you company and give suggestions about what to do/where to go.

Breakfast included, two fully equipped kitchens where to cook your lunch/dinner, complimentary wifi (also in the rooms/dorms), free parking, spacious communal areas with sofas, books, table games and cable TV.
Moreover they make up ALL the rooms everyday and change your towels on request (at no extra cost).

I am not a backpacker ... but I really love this place.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Amelia K, Manager at The Backpackers in Green Point, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2016

Good day Team Italy

I am so glad that you had a great time with us here.
Thank you for such an informative and heartfelt review. This gives us the momentum to go out and do it all over again.

grazie mille

Reviewed 1 February 2016

I am very well travelled and I can not fault the B.I.G on anything! I have stayed in approximately 100 hostels around the world. The B.I.G is one of my top 5! You can literally eat off the floors, this is how clean it is.

I had the unfortunate experience of losing my wallet but Ivor and Morgan made the whole ordeal bearable. Thanks so much guys! They allowed me to make emergency phone calls and popped a complimentary energy drink in my hands to deal with the stress. I have NEVER had such personal service from any of the backpacking establishments I have stayed at. They even helped me with an advance till I could have my replacement ATM card from the bank the next day. Ivor has the most pleasant and welcoming personality. You make everyone feel at home no matter who or where you are from. Thanks dude!

Breakfasts are filling and healthy. The decor is simply dreamy!

Love the pool area. So chilled! The best bathrooms I have EVER seen in a backpackers lodge!

Don't bother to stay anywhere else! great value for money!!

Room Tip: ask to view room first for personal preference. All rooms are quaint, unique and great!
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo

Hey Ben

Thank you for review and thank you for the personal shout out to the guys.

We are sure that you will be back and we insist that you stay with us again.

POSHTEL.... Love it!

until next time

Reviewed 21 January 2016

My first time in CPT and I travelled solo. Booking the B.I.G. was indeed a very good decision! The staff were all so nice, really accommodating and the coolest. It felt like I had instant friends! One night after a long day, one staff asked everyone if they wanted pizza, and minutes after, we were all eating and drinking, then continued drinking out at Rafiki’s! The following lazy afternoon, in the dining area, I just joined a group doing origami. Yep, I learned origami in Capetown. Everyone was just nice – staff and the backpackers! The place was really well lit, nicely decorated with a hip homey vibe, and is in a very good location – just a walking distance from V&A, from the mall, and from a yoga studio! If you love good music, then you’d love this place even more!

Room Tip: The dorm is comfy too
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Rechelle S
Amelia K, Front Office Manager at The Backpackers in Green Point, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2016

Good day Rochelle

Thank you for such a glowing review and THANK YOU for taking the time to write it.

We are glad that you met so many people and enjoyed yourself with us.

Keep on travelling.

Reviewed 15 January 2016

So, my wife chose this after doing some research. We normally stay in good hotels and we thought we would stay here in a double room before moving onto Namibia, where we were going to stay at some safari lodges.

We both absolutely loved this place. From the warm arrival that were given by Morgen to the morning jeeing us up during breakfast and daily things to do recommendations by Ivor - we were really taken in by the genuine, friendly and helpful nature of the guys that work in this place. We stayed over the xmas period, so the place was packed to capacity. Fellow guests are well travelled and respectful. The staff cooked an absolutely fantastic xmas dinner on Christmas Eve for 20+ people, in which everyone had a fantastic time. Food was like your grans home cooking! Breakfast is self-service, but there is such a variety of fruits, cereals, yoghurts, toasts, eggs etc. Ensuite rooms are not massive but large enough, with enough storage space for clothes etc for 2 people and ceiling fans. Curtains are a bit light, so I would recommend an eye cover for the light sleepers. The management do as much as they can to enforce a post 10pm quiet curfew - which just means that you can have a good time, but respect your fellow travellers and neighbours who may want to relax and sleep.

Would definitely re-visit this place in Cape Town, which is a 5 - 10 minute walk from the Green Point park. Taxi to V&A is again 5-10 mins, depending on traffic and they offer a pick up service from the airport for approx.

Recommended!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Samueldev
Amelia K, Manager at The Backpackers in Green Point, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2016

A warm thank you for taking the time to leave us a stunning review! The xmax dinner was a hit indeed and we are so glad everyone enjoyed it!

Hope to see you guys again.

Milou and the BIG Team.

Reviewed 10 January 2016 via mobile

Firstly, I'd like to mention the names of the people cos of whom our stay was so extraordinary. Milu, Daphne, Iva(sorry if I misspelt it) and Amy(owner). Huge thanks to thier amazing hospitality that made us feel like v were staying at a guesthouse or a hotel. They made us feel so comfortable and well taken care of. The vibe of the place is so youthful. We were there on our honeymoon and we stayed there for 5 nights and one of my prime reasons to return to Cape Town would be to stay there again. They just make you feel like family. So warm and welcoming. You don't feel like leaving. Everyone is very helpful and very cooperative. It scores in Cleanliness comfort and location.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amreen_photo
Amelia K, Manager at The Backpackers in Green Point, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2016

Hello there my favorite married couple!!!

Thank you so much for taking time to send us such a lovely review. It was such a pleasure to meet both of you. I hope that husband Faisal loved the time and effort you put in to organise every minutes of every day of your CPT trip! He is a lucky boy to have a wifey like you :)

I hope the professional pictures of you guys on the beach are stunning and please come visit us again!

Milou and the BIG team.