“Good simple Fish tapas meal”

Cape Town Fish Market
Ranked #102 of 1 207 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our menu brings together the best of South African and Japanese cuisine – from fish & chips to classic sashimi. When it comes to seafood, it doesn’t get any fresher. We also cater for meat-eaters and vegetarians and offer a carefully selected range of the finest South African wines.
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Located in the quieter side of the Waterfront this is a middle market restaurant with a good selection of fish tapas, main meals at a very reasonable price.
We had starter of sea food plank which is a selection of tempura and samosas.
Tapas of Tuna Ceviche, baked mussels, seafood poke (mixed salad and rice) and more tuna.
Very tasty and well cooked. Looking for a simple fish meal , then this is fine and recommended.

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

I expect good fish, fresh and well cooked at somewhere on the harbor front, with many, many fish restaurant in competition (I guess a dozen at this location- we have tried half). My calamari was thick cut, leathery tough and too salty, the worst I can recall for a dish I have eaten regularly since childhood in Spain. It should be juicy and tender. My daughter's salad also disappointing. It's a great location, so I suspect they get enough trade not to care about repeat custom, like other places we have sampled on the waterfront- poor food, poor service, high prices (relatively speaking). Sorry, cannot recommend. Toilets a long way from tables.

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

During a tourist visit to the V&A Waterfront, a friend and I stopped at the Cape Town Fish Market for drinks and a meal. The service was excellent, the drinks cold, and the food was delicious. The only slight drawback was the street band that performed right out side at full volume. While I appreciated their talent and understand their need to make a living, with these talents, the volume made it hard to talk, and took the edge off what was an excellent restaurant experience.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

Unlike others, we seemed to get a helpful waiter who was attentive and prompt. We were surprised at the cheapness of the food and wine for such a setting. Platters in particular seemed good value

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

On Thursday morning I book for 13 of us for 18h30, get to the door and lady says that we got a festival on and we got no tables available. Unacceptable and we finally get our table in a horrible busy area. Then we get assigned the worst waiter ever on this earth. His got no people skills, does not have a clue as to lay out a table, hands and pants are dirty, takes for ever to bring our food and has his hands in our plates, sweating like nobody's business with sunglasses on at night and we the only table his working. Told management to change our waiter which they did to an amazing lady who had to clean up his entire mess. Then we get told we got to redo our main meal order which was placed with Riyaad the other waiter. Clearly he never ever places the order. Absolutely horrible service we received last night. My blood way boiling last night. Never again to be repeated.

Kind regards Mario Wyngaard