“Decent prices ”

Cape Town Fish Market V&A Waterfront
Ranked #200 of 1 226 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our menu brings together the best of South African and Japanese cuisine – from fish & chips to classic sashimi. When it comes to seafood, it doesn’t get any fresher. We also cater for meat-eaters and vegetarians and offer a carefully selected range of the finest South African wines.
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

My partner and I went here for dinner, as I wanted seafood and he wanted meat. We had no booking, but got a table inside easy enough. I had the baby squid, which was nice, but the savoury rice wasn't that great. I think plain rice should be offered as an alternative. My partner had the ribs and had no complaints. Bread as a starter and we just had soft drinks. Total came to about 470R. The staff were polite and efficient. I would eat here again if I was in Cape Town.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

this restaurant has a special on a Tuesday. Sadly, it was not special. They make the sushi with less fish than normal and we were charged R80 for bread. This is a disgrace. We called the manageress, who had no words because she agreed with us and said that she would take it up with her boss. Why people do this, I have no idea. One would think that they run specials to attract customers! definitely will not go back

CTFMSA, Guest Relations Manager at Cape Town Fish Market V&A Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2017

Good Morning

We're really sorry to her that you had a bad experience at one of stores, would you mind sending us your contact details so that someone from the store can give you a call?
Please would you send your phone number and email address to abigail@ctfm.co.za ,we would like to follow this up.

Kind regards
Cape Town Fish Market Head Office

Reviewed 30 April 2017

A belated review from April 2016.

We had dinner here on two occasions during 11 days in the Cape.

The first evening we both had fish & chips which were were cooked perfectly. For drinks I had the Jonkers beer and my partner had a large glass of red wine. We didn't pre book and sat outside at a small table. Very reasonable bill Inc tip R400. Service was fine.

Second time I went for the fish and chips again with a large peroni whilst my partner had a selection of seafood which she really enjoyed, again with a large glass of wine. Again we walked straight in but had to to sit at one of the shared long tall benches which was no problem for us. R475.

We'd certainly go again.

1  Thank georgedoorsscores
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

We asked for a table outside. Fantastic ambience. The sushi is amazing. They have many exotic options that are not available elsewhere. The cocktails were good. The dessert was disappointing. We ordered a lava cake but it was really dry. The service was good. A great option for a meal if you are in the cape.

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

Referred by our hotel the first night we arrived. We enjoyed oysters , calamari. Two of us had the king klip. Delicious perfectly cooked .
Appetizers, entrees dessert and a bottle of wine. Less than $100