“Something different ”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Woodstock
Reviewed 24 February 2021 via mobile

If you are dying to try something different then this is the place. The flavor pairings are very unique. The green curry martini, ta cos and duck were definitely the highlights on the menu. Our waiter had great suggestions and made us laugh the whole night. An awesome evening overall.

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank DarrenFord_za
Reviews (2 815)

146 - 150 of 2 815 reviews

Reviewed 29 January 2021 via mobile

I am beyond dissapointed in my experience at PLC. The fact that we went during level 3 lockdown for my sister's birthday and spending R900 each, you would think that you would be welcomed with enthusiasm, asked me if I wanted something to drink, or atleast wish the birthday girl a happy birthday. All of which did not happen. The worst part is that in a time when people don't necessarily have that amount of money to spend at a restaurant, but still do, the establishment don't live up to their reputation. I really felt done in leaving there. I would not recommend.

Date of visit: January 2021
1  Thank Amori B
Reviewed 26 November 2020 via mobile

Fantastic lunch, amazing food, great service, probably the best meal I have had in 2020. The polenta chips with the smoked tomato sauce was absolutely delicious

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 12 November 2020

We always enjoy Pot Luck for their amazing food, served to perfection! The service just seems to lack a little, we have found this at most visits, the waitress is not very attentive with drinks, however, the food is always amazing!!

Date of visit: November 2020
1  Thank 315jody
Reviewed 11 November 2020 via mobile

We visited the PLC for my birthday dinner on a Tuesday evening in October. On arrival we were welcomed by a gentlemen who didnt fulfill the role of a host in the slightest.

The food was fantastic and perfectly balanced, whilst service was pretty hit and miss. During normal circumstances I would understand the restaurant being busy and service not being on par, however on this evening we were 1 of 4 tables.

No birthday plate after my partner had specifically emailed them about our celebration. Eventually my partner had to approach the manager who said it was his mistake as they had a note in their reservation book.

Would I visit the Pot Luck Club again? Probably not, it's one of those once off experiences that has earned its reputation thanks to the food but has mediocre service that just cant compete on an international level.

Date of visit: October 2020