“Amazing Food, Lovely Staff”

Ocean Basket - Table View
Ranked #642 of 1 207 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 March 2017

The Ocean Basket at Table View offers great views and great food! The staff were very friendly, the platter we ordered was amazing, and overall our experience could not have been better. Being undecided, I liked that our waiter gave us the option of half and half for rice and fries in our order, as well as fried and grilled fish.

Reviewed 14 January 2017

Food is medium level and staff is not realy smart...But the bad story was with credit card..They charge me twice...First approval request was denied..they change pos and they request new payment..For some wrong procedure i payed twice...They told me that they ck and they call me back...i m still waiting my money back and their phone call..

Reviewed 16 December 2016

Had a brilliant family meal here, we live in the U.K. and met our SA family for supper. Margaret our server was very good and attentive. We were all very full at the end of the evening, if you like seafood then this is the place to go. Had the meze platter to start followed by the full deck platter, lots of prawns, lots of calamari, muscles and fish. The view was outstanding with a gorgeous sunset and beside Table Mountain.

Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

My aunt and I decided to go to ocean basket as our restaurant of choice for last nights dinner, best decision we could have made. The service was on point and the food was amazing even though the evening looked crazy busy.
My aunt had the calamari main and I had a platter for one with extra mussels. Everything was perfect, calamari was tender, mussels were grain free covered in sauce and the fish was delicious.
We were served by a waiter in training by the name of Brandon, such a charmer but amazing service, definitely one to keep on.
Always a loyal customer and will be coming back for more.

Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

I can honestly say that my experience at the tableview branch was the best ever. The waiter was on point. The food was beautifully plated. The flavours was rich and well balanced. Nothing overpowered the ingredients. The prawns was perfectly grilled.
I would recommend ocean basket to all my friends and family.

Ps. Cattle baron has to take the back seat for now. I think I've found my favorite spot.

Keep up with the great service