“Splendid Italian food, lovely veranda”
Review of Mitico

Mitico
Ranked #271 of 1 207 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 December 2016

Gianni the owner is always on hand to meet and greet...he is a convivial and smiley man with great patter and an eye for a pretty face...
The food is very good, well-cooked and presented. I just love the carpaccio of beef and the calamari with garlic presented sizzling on the plate. A glass of chilled limoncello is a must with dessert.
Very fair prices and a favourite place to visit...

Reviewed 24 November 2016

Our visit to Mitico was extremely disappointing, mainly because of the poor quality of service we received. The waiter took my husband's drink order and left without asking what I would like to order. After a long delay, he returned with my husband's drink and then took my order. No apology was given for this lack of attention. My husband's spaghetti aglio e olio a pereroncino was lacking in flavour. He had to ask the server to return it to the kitchen as it appeared that the peperoncino had not been added to the dish. Also the pasta had not been drained properly and was very watery. On a positive note, I had ordered bruchetta al pomodoro and found it to be excellent. The waiter did not return to our table to check that the food was to our liking. During our visit to Cape Town our other restaurant experiences were extremely positive with excellent food and attentive, friendly service. Maybe, we happened to visit Mitico on a bad day. I hope that this was the case.

Reviewed 6 November 2016

It's a very good restaurant on Kloof Sreet, who's perfect for a diner before/ after a drink at Yours Truly! The owner is a very kind italian guy, who knows how to make a warmer atmosphere (it change than Afrikaans and Dutch way of life...) Latin are the best ;)

3  Thank Camille B
Reviewed 14 October 2016

My partner and I hosted our engagement party at Mitico. The managers were great, the waiters exceptional and food was superb. The company was good too :) We were presented initially with shared platters of an assorted antipasti and bread, followed by a choice of what was available on the a la carte menu. The food was authentic and flavoursome, the drinks were plenty and flowing. Can't wait to go back!!!

Reviewed 17 September 2016

My friend and I went on a Saturday evening. We ordered two pizzas which were tasty. However the waiter Henok Matusa was awful. Upon ordering we wished to add/remove certain toppings however Henok was very impatient and ended up forgetting the order. When we received our meal along with Parmesan, chilli etc I had to ask twice for spoons. No one bothered to ask if we liked our meals either during the meal or when Henok took our plates. Staff kept bumping into my chair without so much as an apology (at least 6 times). Lastly I had to request the bill from Henok twice. Lucky for him my friend was there as I wouldn't have tipped at all - the first time I had considered this in 3 weeks in SA (and this is highly unusual as I usually over tip!). When my friend told Henok to take 10% (customary) he seemed very displeased and clearly wanted a higher tip. He never once thanked us for the tip or even smiled or said good bye, just simply handed the card back and walked away. Appalling service and despite the nice pizzas I certainly wouldn't go back again