Review Highlights
This is a must if you are visiting Cape Town!

Thanks to Lizo, we had a very informative and personal insight of the Langa township history and... read more

Reviewed 10 May 2024
Pierre F
Quebec, Canada
Langa Township Tour - an absolute must do

This tour was a must do. We had MC as our tour guide and he was so welcoming and knowledgeable. He... read more

Reviewed 5 April 2024
Relax09232721729

All reviews langa township living conditions south africa insightful tour highly recommend this experience visiting cape town highlight of our trip private tour mc kanha perspective kindergarten sorghum poverty tours orphanage historian
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 October 2018

We had an excellent tour by our guide MC, which was very professional and informative; the tour itself was very interesting (and quite frankly quite heartbreaking) to us as a couple from outside SA without any knowledge of the history and state of the people in the country.

It was a very important tour for us, especially that in a 10 minute drive, we went from 5 star luxury to sub-human conditions.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed 29 August 2018

MC took my friend and I (we were volunteering nearby) on a tour of Langa. The township tour was excellent and really insightful. You really do not experience South Africa and, in particular, the real life of Cape Town, until you have visited and gained a glimpse into township life. I learned so much about during that tour, both about the complexities of society in Cape Town, as well as life both during and since Apartheid. MC is honest and has a great tongue-in-cheek sense of humour. As a traveller, you are safe, secure, and MC ensures that you have a great experience. I have wholeheartedly recommended this tour to friends, family and colleagues, and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone spending time in Cape Town.

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank 63ayeshap
Reviewed 20 July 2018

A very interesting tour. It's reassuring to learn that there isn't, after all, that much difference between South Africa and the rest of the world.
Yes, there's still a lot of catching up post apartheid, and SA is at a lower starting point and therefore still has a long way to go, but essentially black South Africa is the equivalent of working class Britain.
The main message I have is things are getting better and we don't need to have the fear we have.
Thanks MC, I now have a clearer understanding of what it's all about - and I can relate.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 23 April 2018

Thank you MC for a very professional and interesting tour through Langa. My Children and I learned a lot and appreciated the insight you gave us!

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 24 March 2018

In August 2017, we made a very interesting township-tour with MC in Langa.
It was impressive for us, how open hearted MC showed us the daily life in Langa.
His engagement for his community is amazing.
The tour included a visit in a kindergarten, I wished to go there, because I am a kindergarten teacher, as well.
At home I told my collegues of our visit, especially from visit the kindergarten.
We had the idea, to collect donations and send pens, picture books, toys and much more to the kindergarten.
I told MC about our plan. He was excited from this idea and very helpful to organize the projekt.
It finally happened by end of December 2017, until we could sent two big parcels to the home-adress from MC.
We had problems with the customs formalities, but MC spared no effort to manage the situation at the post office.
At least, he brought the parcels to the kindergarten, and everyone was happy :-))

Date of experience: August 2017