“Two Unforgettable Informative and Authentic Experiences!”
Review of ProteamSA

ProteamSA
Ranked #69 of 354 Tours in Cape Town Central
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Langa Township Experience-tour from Proteam SA is geared towards local and international tourists and aims to foster an understanding of and tolerance for different cultures.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Stairs / lift, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 25 February 2018

MC is open, engaging, and knowledgeable. I took a Langa township tour with MC in early December 2017. I was working as a volunteer at a township outside of Gordon’s Bay. The tour was fantastic and gave me a greater understanding of what it means to live in a township. MC grew up in Langa and still lives there. We walked through Langa and experienced the profound hardships, enduring hope, and a deep sense of community that define South African townships. We learned about MC’s childhood and his love for Langa. At the same time, MC took such interest in us. By the time the tour was done, MC felt like an old friend. One tour with MC was not enough. At the end of my time as a volunteer, my family flew to Cape Town to meet me. On Christmas Day (three weeks later) 2017, MC took my family and me on a day tour from Cape Town to the Cape of Good Hope. Along the way there and back, we made stops to see the penguins at Boulders Beach in Simon’s Town, drove the majestic Chapman’s Peak Drive, and finished with a seafood dinner at Hout Bay. All the while we had rich and educational conversations with MC. MC invited all questions. If you want to immerse yourself in South Africa then you must take a tour with the inspiring and charismatic, MC! I highly recommend both of these tours.

1  Thank Barb M
All reviews
"langa township"
in 26 reviews
"grew up"
in 3 reviews
"strong sense of community"
"perfect guide"
in 14 reviews
"insight"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Very interesting tour in Langa with many details on different topics (education, cultural rituals, heritage, family and economical issues), based on our guide's daily life. All questions are welcome and kindly handled.
I strongly recommend MC for a deep understanding of the township.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

MC is very knowledgeable and insightful about Langa - both looking at what has changed and what still needs to improve in living conditions in the township, and also showing us how vibrant the community is. I was travelling solo and he thoughtfully arranged for me to join a family for a half-day Sunday walking tour, which included visiting the Methodist Church where the singing was remarkable. MC was very organized taking care of logistics. He is experienced with small and large groups including university visits and can also make arrangements for more extended stays. Many people in Langa seem to know and respect MC. You can feel confident and at ease with him.

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

MC runs Proteam tours in Cape town. He took myself, husband and 4 grownup children on a township tour to Langa.
It was amazing. Really informative and although tough to experience it also filled us with some hope for the future. MC was kind, funny and well educated. I would definite recommend him for this or any other excursions around Cape Town .
Mary Ross