“Lovely midweek lunch buffet”

Cattle Baron Tableview Blouberg
Ranked #243 of 1 233 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$12 - US$18
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 16 February 2018

Fro quite sometime we've heard about the Cattle Baron Blouberg weekday lunch buffet but finally had opportunity to eat there this month. For R90 what a great value for money! Selection of meat dishes is more than enough we could not even manage to taste them all. My husband and I are partial to ribs so the fact that there were pork and lamb ribs and potato salad already did it for us. The rest are just bonus. The food was tasty, the staff friendly and happy to serve us and the restaurant quiet because on a Thursday lunchtime, only a few tables were occupied. Suits us perfectly as well, although I'm sure the management would have liked it if more tables were occupied. There are some kid-friendly items on the buffet as well (fish fingers, chips, sausages) and breads. No dessert. Salad bar has very limited selection, don’t look for olives or feta or salad dressings . . . hey, this is a buffet for R90 . . . and R80 for pensioners! (as of Feb 2018). With drinks and tips maybe R150/person. But it was a lovely lunch for us. We will definitely be back. And next time, inviting along some friends to join us.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

Chateaubriand fillet delicious!!! You must book table, always very busy. Good service and great variety of wines.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

A real hidden chem food is good and a good steakhouse
I feel it’s a bit old fashioned and it’s in need of a face lift
I’m used to the one in umhlanga kzn it was the name that made me go here .... food did not disappoint but like a said it’s a bit old

Reviewed 2 January 2018

Entering, you feel as if you have entered a Steakhouse of yester year. Fairly old-fashioned cubicles provide a welcoming rustic look that we felt suited a Steakhouse that has been serving it's customers in the Blouberg area for a long time. The service was friendly and quick and our team was very enjoyable. We would recommend the steak and prawn combo and the black pepper fillet.

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Popped in on the afternoon of our 30th wedding anniversary, 19th Dec
Have to say that the food was lovely, no complaints there. (We were the only ones there) However, the decor left a lot to be desired ( as does the outside) Apparently there has not been any work done at all on the interior in over 20 years and it really shows. Even the Xmas tree needed retirement! Old, drab & rundown.I truly hope the kitchen doesn't look the same. If I was rating on the food only I would give more stars but I'm not as I feel its time for the owners to put some money back in for a change!! Won't be recommending or returning.