“Lunch at CB”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

Great food, great atmosphere, great service. My wife had the spare ribs and it did not disappoint! I had the Nevada Burger and it was true value for money. The service was friendly and efficient. Well worth a visit. We actually got engaged in the Stellenbosch CB IN 1975!

Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

Went for a late Sunday lunch on the 11th of December as it was my friend's birthday the next day. We ordered the Chateaubriand 500g steak to share. Brilliant brilliant brilliant! Great idea to have this on the menu as you get real value for money with this choice. Been going to this steakhouse for years and have never been disappointed with the food or service. Not even if you order seafood or something other than a steak. Great ambience and also family orientated. My nr 1 choice for the best steaks in town.

Reviewed 15 December 2016

We specifically booked a hotel near this Cattle Baron restaurant on a trip to Cape Town because we have always found the food so fantastic. Although there are other locations, we truly prefer this one the most.

My favorite two steaks - the garlic butter sauce and the chateaubriand, which is lit on fire at your table - are absolutely unbeatable. They are absolutely the best steaks I've had anywhere in the world. All food served here is as fresh as it can get without you having to pick the salad greens yourself, and the taste reflects this.

As far as dessert goes, I stick with the creme brulee. Again, they heat it at your table, so you get the absolute freshest item possible.

Staff is quick, polite, and extremely capable.

The only issue we had on our visit was (1) excessive cigarette smoke coming from somewhere (which caused me to have an allergic reaction that evening), and (2) a table with several children seated apart from the adults and which had no supervision. Neither of these issues change the fact that the food is absolutely amazing.

Reviewed 25 November 2016 via mobile

We went in as a last minute choice, food and atmosphere was good, service very friendly. My steak and accompanying vegetables were perfect, and my wife's chicken schnitzel was also very good.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

Honestly one of the best places that we would choose when family or friends asks our opinion. Their food is delicious, the ribs and steak are on the top of our list. We are very pleased with the service and food.