“Thanks PG Tops”

PG Tops Travel and Tours - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: We do what we love and we love what we do. PG Tops and sister company Luxury Safaris promises to show you why Cape Town, the Garden Route and our wonderful wildlife and game parks ensure the holiday of a lifetime! All tours are fully private and customized.
Reviewed 16 February 2016

All reviews
"south africa"
in 18 reviews
"private winery"
in 2 reviews
"will stay with us forever"
"great couple of days"
"tailor made"
"personal guide"
"full day tour"
in 5 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 3 reviews
"group tour"

Reviewed 5 February 2016

My friend and I were to arrive in Cape Town on a cruise ship around 8 a.m. Our flights home were not until 6 p.m., so we were looking for a tour company that could introduce us to the sights of Cape Town and deliver us to the airport in time. I had spent quite some time in the city previously, but my friend had not. I found PG Tops Travel and Tours on Trip Advisor and made arrangements with Yolanda. Sarina was at the dock 10 minutes early ready to go. I had hoped to take the cable car to Table Mountain, but the fog prevented us from doing that. Sarina substituted Signal Mtn and a visit to Rhodes Monument where we were able to have great views of the city. We visited Hout Bay, walked through the central city, had lunch and shopped at the wharf area. It could not have been more perfect. I highly recommend this company.

Reviewed 3 February 2016

Reviewed 3 February 2016

We did 4 days of touring with PG Tops (2 Days of Winelands, 1 Day Shark Cage Diving, and 1 Day Peninsula Tour), and it was money well spent! Our guides, Bianca and Ryan, had a ton of local knowledge, so we ended up saving time (we started our Peninsula tour early to avoid having to queue) and visiting some places we never would have found on our own (we visited a couple of great wineries that we'd never heard of and Ryan also recommended the most delicious Fish and Chips shop in Simonstown). Both Ryan and Bianca were super friendly and flexible (my husband decided that there was one particular winery he wanted to visit, so Ryan rearranged our day's plans to make sure we had time to visit it), so all four days were relaxing and stress free.

One of the fun surprises for me was the Wine and Chocolate Pairing at Spier Winery. We live in Switzerland, so I was skeptical about how good the chocolate could be compared to Swiss chocolate ;), but it was super unique and delicious! The chocolates had different flavors that paired with different wines, but the real surprise was how the chocolate flavor changed the taste of the wine! Super interesting! Thanks, Bianca, for recommending that we try it!

I can't wait for another chance to visit South Africa and discover more with PG Tops!