“Delicious sushi in this neat little restaurant!”
Review of 1890 House Sushi

1890 House Sushi
Ranked #204 of 1 207 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

Sushi addicts in Cape Town have told me to visit for two years now and I'm glad I did. Fresh, unique, tasty sushi that did not disappoint! I walked in and got a seat at the sushi bar, there are lots of rooms and tables if you prefer that. Great!

Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

I loved the won ton soup and the sushi. Lots of mayo is used on the sushi but there are quite a few varieties of options. Good prices too. Usually a reservation is needed - at least call the morning of.

Reviewed 3 June 2016

Delicious, good service, good wine choices, great pricing. 3 hungry adults ordered three platters and a soup each and struggled to finish bountiful portions of fish. Friendly and efficient wait staff. Eat here- your will look forward to going back. I wish I could move them in total to America- but the $ 30 dinner would be $120 and not nearly as fresh or festive. My new must do when in CPT.

Reviewed 17 May 2016

I am a sushi fan. A massive huge sushi fan, and this place is phenomenal. 1890 as the meeting place for every catch up with friends and work colleagues every time. The staff although at first may seem abrupt, are super accommodating and work hard to make room for you, get your drinks and sushi out to you asap. Sushi train always has a great selection when you walk in. My fav!

Reviewed 1 April 2016 via mobile

I was a bit nervous when driving into the area but once inside the atmosphere was friendly and the sushi looked good.
The sushi was fresh and well priced.
I found the portions of there curries on the smaller side but they are priced accordingly.
Overall good value for money