“Fantastic hike up India Venster”

Hike Table Mountain
More attraction details
Owner description: Hike Table Mountain is an owner-operated mountain guiding business specializing in hikes and climbs on Table Mountain and around Cape Point. A passion for nature and mountains coupled with a commitment to service excellence lies at the heartbeat of what we do, ensuring you get the ultimate mountain experience. Run by qualified, accredited, attentive and highly-experienced mountain guides. All hikes and climbs are customized to suit your level of fitness and sense of adventure. We are the only guiding company offering hikes up all routes on Table Mountain. Whether you are a first-time hiker or seasoned trekker, adrenalin junky or nature lover, we make sure you get the experience you are looking for.
Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

I did this route up Table mountain with Darren as my guide. He was really helpful, patient and relaxed and had lots of stories and general information to share with us. The hike itself was beautiful and took us about 4 hours, including lots of stops and sitting enjoying the views. It is a somewhat challenging, but I expected a lot worse reading some of the reviews. I would highly recommend this company and India Venster.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

My wife and I traveled to Cape Town for our honeymoon and spent a morning hiking up Table Mountain with our guide Hendry. The hike and views were amazing, the trails were kept in good condition and we would recommend this tour to anyone.

1  Thank Chris H
Reviewed 29 March 2017

What an absolutely incredible experience. I booked with Hike Table Mountain and chose this route called India Venster thanks to my discussions with Riaan(owner) on email. He was great and he was spot on his call for us to do the India Venster route.

We met Mike, our Guide, right on time. He was helpful and engaging the whole time. Always taking the extra time to make sure we were all ok and ready to move along.

He stated at the start that the route was challenging but we all could make it(six of us-ages 25-55) if we wanted to.

I would NOT recommend doing this walk without someone that knows the route well. There are plenty of places to take a wrong turn and a wrong turn could literally be life threatening. And although the views are to die for...literally changing on every twist & turn....a guide is a MUST.

Mike has been up the mountain many times. He was a real pro and we enjoyed all his stories along the way. His knowledge of the mountain & area was boundless. India Venster Route was quiet. Only saw a few others on it.

The scrambles on the climb were a challenge but fun and it was great to see a few people face fears and get over them discovering that they were more agile and better climbers than they thought. Having said that this climb is tough and a decent fitness level is a must. We soaked it up, taking in the incredible views and taking our time. NEVER rushed by Mike.

Words don't do this hike justice and we were "high" for the next few days!!

Enjoy. It's a trip of a lifetime and you're in great and professional hands. Great company. Great people.

2  Thank JimDole
Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

it was my first time to hike a mountain more than 200 meters high. table mountain is around 1100 meters high. took the skeleton gorge route, which is about a three hour hike.

being a city boy not used to extended hours of physical activity, i cramped a little bit near the summit. our guide came prepared having hydration tablets with her. the tablet was very effective. took one and didn't cramp that much anymore and was able to finish the hike well.

i highly recommend this company.

1  Thank dunk1980
Reviewed 28 March 2017

My husband and I hiked the India Venster route with Riaan Vorster and it was a superb way to see Table Mountain without the tourist chaos at the top. Riaan is so familiar with the mountain and helps everyone along the route. We had not done our research well clearly so came with less than sufficient water, and were a bit surprised by the amount of scrambling needed on the rocks - but Riaan shared water and helped guide all of us. He is a fantastic guide with a great affable personality and clearly knows what he is doing - he limits his group size and ensures each one is fit and able to make it up. Definitely recommend this.