“AWESOME experience hiking Table Mountain-India Venster Route”

Hike Table Mountain
More attraction details
Owner description: Hike Table Mountain is an owner-operated mountain guiding business specializing in hikes and climbs on Table Mountain and around Cape Point. A passion for nature and mountains coupled with a commitment to service excellence lies at the heartbeat of what we do, ensuring you get the ultimate mountain experience. Run by qualified, accredited, attentive and highly-experienced mountain guides. All hikes and climbs are customized to suit your level of fitness and sense of adventure. We are the only guiding company offering hikes up all routes on Table Mountain. Whether you are a first-time hiker or seasoned trekker, adrenalin junky or nature lover, we make sure you get the experience you are looking for.
Reviewed 29 March 2017

What an absolutely incredible experience. I booked with Hike Table Mountain and chose this route called India Venster thanks to my discussions with Riaan(owner) on email. He was great and he was spot on his call for us to do the India Venster route.

We met Mike, our Guide, right on time. He was helpful and engaging the whole time. Always taking the extra time to make sure we were all ok and ready to move along.

He stated at the start that the route was challenging but we all could make it(six of us-ages 25-55) if we wanted to.

I would NOT recommend doing this walk without someone that knows the route well. There are plenty of places to take a wrong turn and a wrong turn could literally be life threatening. And although the views are to die for...literally changing on every twist & turn....a guide is a MUST.

Mike has been up the mountain many times. He was a real pro and we enjoyed all his stories along the way. His knowledge of the mountain & area was boundless. India Venster Route was quiet. Only saw a few others on it.

The scrambles on the climb were a challenge but fun and it was great to see a few people face fears and get over them discovering that they were more agile and better climbers than they thought. Having said that this climb is tough and a decent fitness level is a must. We soaked it up, taking in the incredible views and taking our time. NEVER rushed by Mike.

Words don't do this hike justice and we were "high" for the next few days!!

Enjoy. It's a trip of a lifetime and you're in great and professional hands. Great company. Great people.

1  Thank JimDole

Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

it was my first time to hike a mountain more than 200 meters high. table mountain is around 1100 meters high. took the skeleton gorge route, which is about a three hour hike.

being a city boy not used to extended hours of physical activity, i cramped a little bit near the summit. our guide came prepared having hydration tablets with her. the tablet was very effective. took one and didn't cramp that much anymore and was able to finish the hike well.

i highly recommend this company.

1  Thank dunk1980
Reviewed 28 March 2017

My husband and I hiked the India Venster route with Riaan Vorster and it was a superb way to see Table Mountain without the tourist chaos at the top. Riaan is so familiar with the mountain and helps everyone along the route. We had not done our research well clearly so came with less than sufficient water, and were a bit surprised by the amount of scrambling needed on the rocks - but Riaan shared water and helped guide all of us. He is a fantastic guide with a great affable personality and clearly knows what he is doing - he limits his group size and ensures each one is fit and able to make it up. Definitely recommend this.

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

We did India Venster route with Hendre. She was wonderful, knowledgeable and calming. This was an amazing experience that applies to life. When your mind is telling you to quit, just keep going and great things will happen. Couple times I felt like I wanted to stop but Hendre kept encouraging me and with her sweet calming voice I just kept going.
She's such an strong lady and she even helped us caring our backpacks because part of the route requires strength and and tons of balance
It was an amazing feeling getting to the top.
It was an incredible experience. One of those that you will always remember in your life

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

What an absolutely incredible experience

Hiking Table Mountain was on my bucket list and it over delivered

I booked with Hike Table Mountain and chose this route called India Venster thanks to a friend who had previously hiked with them and been very impressed

We met the amazing Darren at 06:45 sharp. He'd picked up 4 others who were great company to my wife and I.

He stated at the start that the route was challenging and there was a possibility that the cable car would not operate due to higher than normal winds.

We all said we were ok with that and we started

I have a 'healthy respect' for heights. I was just within my zone though and the views were incredible

I would not recommend doing this walk without someone that knows the route well. There are plenty of places to take a wrong turn and a wrong turn could literally be life threatening

Darren has been up the mountain over 1000 times. He was a real pro.

Very impressed with him and Riaan from the company

Having said that this climb is tough and a decent fitness level is a must

We submitted in 3 hours taking in the incredible views and taking our time. Epic

It was very windy at the top so no cable cars or shop or coffees and we walked back down another easier but less scenic route which was packed with people

India Venster was quiet. Only saw two others on it

You only go up this route too! Never down

Enjoy. It's a trip of a lifetime and you're in great and professional hands