“India Venster a must do with Riaan”

Hike Table Mountain
More attraction details
Owner description: Hike Table Mountain is an owner-operated mountain guiding business specializing in hikes and climbs on Table Mountain and around Cape Point. A passion for nature and mountains coupled with a commitment to service excellence lies at the heartbeat of what we do, ensuring you get the ultimate mountain experience. Run by qualified, accredited, attentive and highly-experienced mountain guides. All hikes and climbs are customized to suit your level of fitness and sense of adventure. We are the only guiding company offering hikes up all routes on Table Mountain. Whether you are a first-time hiker or seasoned trekker, adrenalin junky or nature lover, we make sure you get the experience you are looking for.
Reviewed 19 March 2017

The walk with Mike and his collogue was a real fantastic experience. We went up the very beautiful and a bit challenging India Venster to the top of the Table mountain! So scenic and Mike and his colleague was really lovely and also interested in the participants. They really took their time and made sure that everybody where save. We met really lovely people under the participants and it was all in total absolute a must do! All the arrangements went very well and their was absolutely no issue on the communication! I would suggest to do the India Venster the first time with guide. Next time I would do it without guide even I would love to walk again with Mike. Thank you so much for the experience. ;)))

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

Myself and my partner did the India Venster route with Darren and had a great time. Such a lovely and informative guide. Read the group very well and gave us just the perfect number of breaks even though I think our group was eager to get to the top in a good time....which we still did.
With regards the route...don't do it by yourself, use a guide. There are parts I would have been uncomfortable with if not for Darren. He made everything super easy. I wouldn't be the best with heights, but it was never an issue for me when I had an experienced guide leading the way.
Can't recommend highly enough.
Beautiful route & scenery, lovely guide and a great experience making it to the top.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

What a fantastic hike this was. Mike Wakeford was our guide and his knowledge of the history and the fauna/flora of the area on top of his climbing expertise made for an unforgettable experience.
The fact that it was a clear day with no wind (or fires) to worry about made it all the more satisfying.
Thank you for the experience and helping us choose the best route according to our abilities and fitness levels.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

I cannot express enough how amazing this experience is for those visiting Cape Town! It is worth each rand. I chose the "easier route", Platteklip Gorge. But don't let the term easy fool you. I run three times a week and lift weights, but the route still challenged me. It may be easier compared to the other hikes, but the Platteklip Gorge hike is definitely physically demanding, so don't underestimate it. My guide picked me up at my hotel and dropped me off there after the hike. It's an early morning hike (starts at 6:30 a.m.) to avoid hot temperatures (at around 7:30/8 a.m. it started to get warm at the mountain). Bring at least 1.5 liters of water, snacks, medication (if needed), etc.

I went by myself, but joined a group with two couples. I had Liesl as my guide and she was absolutely wonderful! Very knowledgable about the mountain's history and I could tell safety was a high priority for her. She consistently checked on everyone in the group to make sure they were feeling okay. She also offered to take photos for everyone. Honestly, it seems like each guide from this company has impressive credentials. I think it's important to use a guide to hike Table Mountain because the terrain is challenging. It's not straight-forward as one might think, so using a guide ensures safety. Plus you learn so much more by using a guide.

The last 15-20 minutes of the hike are very difficult, but once you make it to the top, you feel so accomplished! The views are exquisite and breathtaking! We then took the cable car down. The Table Mountain hike was the highlight of my trip to Cape Town. So rewarding. Do it!

Reviewed 14 March 2017

My wife and I hiked up the India Venster route with our fun guide Darren! My wife had been in contact with this company, mainly Riaan, who helped select this route for us based on fitness level and our quest for adventure. When we arrived the morning of the hike and met Darren, he reassured us of our ability to complete this hike. India Venster is challenging, with scrambling involved, but so worth it and so fun. The views at the top were incredible and we felt like we earned them because we hiked to the top. This is NOT a mountain I would attempt to hike with a guide, so we were very grateful for the safe hike we accomplished with Darren.