“Fun & challenging India Venster Hike”

Hike Table Mountain
More attraction details
Owner description: Hike Table Mountain is an owner-operated mountain guiding business specializing in hikes and climbs on Table Mountain and around Cape Point. A passion for nature and mountains coupled with a commitment to service excellence lies at the heartbeat of what we do, ensuring you get the ultimate mountain experience. Run by qualified, accredited, attentive and highly-experienced mountain guides. All hikes and climbs are customized to suit your level of fitness and sense of adventure. We are the only guiding company offering hikes up all routes on Table Mountain. Whether you are a first-time hiker or seasoned trekker, adrenalin junky or nature lover, we make sure you get the experience you are looking for.
Reviewed 6 March 2017

Highly recommend Hike Table Mountain (and our fabulous, chatty guide, Hendre) to guide you up India Venster! This is a somewhat challenging hike with some parts that require scrambling and other parts that aren't well marked, so I'm glad we took a guide. We had gorgeous views the entire way up to the top of Table Mountain, and barely saw any other hikers, which makes it much more special than the Plateklipp Gorge route (or so I've been told). I do think it is a bit pricey and that at least snacks should be provided for that price (we had to wait for the winds to die down in order to take the gondola down, so it was a long day for a few granola bars we packed), but otherwise super pleased with our day.

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

I had an amazing experience with Hike table mountain. I have never done hiking on a mountain and found the company to be extremely professional and responsible. Our guide Leslie was fantastic. So much of knowledge and patience. I thought i would never make it to the top but she has a gentle way of ensuring that you do. Extremely friendly yet professional. I would recommend this company and Leslie for sure. I really had an amazing time ..

Reviewed 5 March 2017

I recently hiked this route in a group with my two teenage boys. I am in 50's and reasonably fit but not certain how I would go taking on the challenge of hiking Table Mt. When I met our guide Hendre, she immediately put me at ease. I loved her chatty, relaxed nature and sense of humor. She knows the mountain like the back of her hand, is competent and is also involved in mt. resscue. It was obvious that this job is Hendre's joy and passion. When encountering a difficult scramble, she was encouraging and even walked you through ways to position your body to master the more arduous portions of the hike. She goes at pace of the slowest person in group which is reasonable. Hendre shares stories and points out interesting fauna/wildlife so you learn a bit about your environment. The challenge ended up being rewarding and well worth taking. I highly recommend this company for safety, guidance and educational information shared along the hike. A fabulous way to get outdoors, revel in nature, and detox from politics!

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

A challenging and amazing way to venture to the top of Table Mountain. Johannes was incredibly helpful and friendly, and ensured we all made it to the top safely. Highly recommended for those seeking a bit more adventure!

Reviewed 11 February 2017

What an absolutely amazing experience this was! My sister and I hiked the India Venster trail and it was a completely unique experience :) Hendre was a fantastic guide, who gave us tonnes of information as we hiked, as well as keeping cheery and happy while we hiked.
I would definitely recommend the climb to anyone over using the cable cars. At times the climb was a challenge, but WOW! The views you got along the way were honestly so breathtaking. Worth every penny.

Thank you for such an amazing experience that I will definitely never forget!