“India Venster - Challenging hike but you can do it!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hike Table Mountain

Hike Table Mountain
More attraction details
Owner description: Hike Table Mountain is an owner-operated mountain guiding business specializing in hikes and climbs on Table Mountain and around Cape Point. A passion for nature and mountains coupled with a commitment to service excellence lies at the heartbeat of what we do, ensuring you get the ultimate mountain experience. Run by qualified, accredited, attentive and highly-experienced mountain guides. All hikes and climbs are customized to suit your level of fitness and sense of adventure. We are the only guiding company offering hikes up all routes on Table Mountain. Whether you are a first-time hiker or seasoned trekker, adrenalin junky or nature lover, we make sure you get the experience you are looking for.
new york
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“India Venster - Challenging hike but you can do it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I recently hiked this route in a group with my two teenage boys. I am in 50's and reasonably fit but not certain how I would go taking on the challenge of hiking Table Mt. When I met our guide Hendre, she immediately put me at ease. I loved her chatty, relaxed nature and sense of humor. She knows the mountain like the back of her hand, is competent and is also involved in mt. resscue. It was obvious that this job is Hendre's joy and passion. When encountering a difficult scramble, she was encouraging and even walked you through ways to position your body to master the more arduous portions of the hike. She goes at pace of the slowest person in group which is reasonable. Hendre shares stories and points out interesting fauna/wildlife so you learn a bit about your environment. The challenge ended up being rewarding and well worth taking. I highly recommend this company for safety, guidance and educational information shared along the hike. A fabulous way to get outdoors, revel in nature, and detox from politics!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
4 attraction reviews
“India Venster Adventure ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

A challenging and amazing way to venture to the top of Table Mountain. Johannes was incredibly helpful and friendly, and ensured we all made it to the top safely. Highly recommended for those seeking a bit more adventure!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“AMAZING EXPERIENCE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2017

What an absolutely amazing experience this was! My sister and I hiked the India Venster trail and it was a completely unique experience :) Hendre was a fantastic guide, who gave us tonnes of information as we hiked, as well as keeping cheery and happy while we hiked.
I would definitely recommend the climb to anyone over using the cable cars. At times the climb was a challenge, but WOW! The views you got along the way were honestly so breathtaking. Worth every penny.

Thank you for such an amazing experience that I will definitely never forget!

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“India Venster Trail”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2017

We are a family of four (kids, 10 and 13) and had a wonderful time hiking up Table Mountain on the India Venster trail. The difficulty of the route was clearly and accurately described in the course description. Our kids are experienced hikers and rock climbers, and had no major issues, but you need to be reasonably fit and not leery of rock scrambles and some vertical sections. Its an early morning start, but it affords an opportunity to see Cape Town and the mountain before the crush of the crowds head up. We really enjoyed our guide and she was fun and quite knowledgeable. It definitely added to the experience, not to mention keeping us on track, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend using a guide.

Bangkok, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“wonderful source of information”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2017

In addition to his extensive knowledge of Table Mountain, Riaan gave us excellent insider advice on the highlights of Cape Point. We had a rental car and followed Riaan’s suggestions – and had an unforgettable day in the spectacular scenery on a drive around the peninsula. We hiked, we ate, we photographed animals, we walked barefoot on silky sand beaches. Hardly an hour went by – all day and since – that one of us hasn’t sighed, “I want to live here”. Riaan really is an ambassador of Cape Town.