“Times are wrong”

Cafe Manhattan
Ranked #352 of 1 193 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: European, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: This iconic eating, meeting and chilling spot is the longest standing venue in the heart of de Waterkant village and has been a firm favourite with locals and tourists alike. Whether your intention is a quick bite to eat, a cheeky afternoon cocktail on the terrace, or a late night rendezvous in the bar, at this welcoming venue anything could happen... Saddle up and take a ride!
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Arrived mid afternoon to find they are closed. Would have loved to try it but alas the times are wrong on here open only from 4pm weekdays.

3  Thank Emil W

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Great service from Kyle! Happy all round. Awesome food, service, vibe! Divine drinks... what more can we say. Lovely evening!

2  Thank ChaniMac
Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

I spent a week here in Cape Town and I have to say that the staff at Cafe Manhattan made my week. I stayed at the hotel across the street and would stop in for a drink or two every day. The vibe is awesome, the staff is friendly and welcoming, everyone treats you like a regular and it was wonderful. Thank you so much papa p and the rest of the staff for being so incredible and leaving a smile on my face every day, you really made this week awesome!

1  Thank Julia J
Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

Decided to have a drink (given up on the food price hikes), ordered a vodka and coke and the bill comes and they gave me the most expensive brand vodka bellvedere.

Sorry but that's just robbing!

Me and my friends will not go back here for drinks or food. Good luck for the winter guys as we will go to drink & eat elsewhere in the village from here on.

And whilst the staff claim it's the owners that are the problem, yes that's true, however the BAR staff that try to overcharge drinks every weekend are also to blame. Particularly the guy with the dreads AVOID.
He has given me some amazing excuses as to why he should charge extra - the bill doesn't include vat is one example.

BYE

4  Thank Andrewmig
Reviewed 23 March 2017

We visited this pub (more like a pub than cafe in the evening) without realising it was full of mostly gay people. This wasn't a problem, we were made to feel welcome. Sat outside and drank a beer. The food was very good 'pub' type food. Nice location on the corner of the street very close to our hotel in Loader Street, so we felt safe walking there and back in the evening.