“Perfect place for a drink”
Review of Cafe Manhattan

Cafe Manhattan
Ranked #334 of 1 182 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: European, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This iconic eating, meeting and chilling spot is the longest standing venue in the heart of de Waterkant village and has been a firm favourite with locals and tourists alike. Whether your intention is a quick bite to eat, a cheeky afternoon cocktail on the terrace, or a late night rendezvous in the bar, at this welcoming venue anything could happen... Saddle up and take a ride!
Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

I spent a week here in Cape Town and I have to say that the staff at Cafe Manhattan made my week. I stayed at the hotel across the street and would stop in for a drink or two every day. The vibe is awesome, the staff is friendly and welcoming, everyone treats you like a regular and it was wonderful. Thank you so much papa p and the rest of the staff for being so incredible and leaving a smile on my face every day, you really made this week awesome!

1  Thank Julia J

Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

Decided to have a drink (given up on the food price hikes), ordered a vodka and coke and the bill comes and they gave me the most expensive brand vodka bellvedere.

Sorry but that's just robbing!

Me and my friends will not go back here for drinks or food. Good luck for the winter guys as we will go to drink & eat elsewhere in the village from here on.

And whilst the staff claim it's the owners that are the problem, yes that's true, however the BAR staff that try to overcharge drinks every weekend are also to blame. Particularly the guy with the dreads AVOID.
He has given me some amazing excuses as to why he should charge extra - the bill doesn't include vat is one example.

BYE

4  Thank Andrewmig
Reviewed 23 March 2017

We visited this pub (more like a pub than cafe in the evening) without realising it was full of mostly gay people. This wasn't a problem, we were made to feel welcome. Sat outside and drank a beer. The food was very good 'pub' type food. Nice location on the corner of the street very close to our hotel in Loader Street, so we felt safe walking there and back in the evening.

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

I have been a avid sapporter for years.I recently moved from the city to the suburbs so i stopped going because i just never went to the city.I returned over the week end .... i was disgusted to find out that a burger was R90 and then the worst was chips extra R30(helo 2 potatoes do not cost R30) oh onion rings also extra.This just boils down to pure greed .A instutution is ruined because somebody became greedy. Do they think people are stupid.... in todays age we have so many different options to eat and choose from. The menus minutelyprinted in the smallest lettering ...it looks like a size of a placemat.I will never eat at Manhattans ever again ... sies ( disgust) at you people. GREED money and sure stupidity is what has happened.Oh the sallad 2 lettuce leaves 1 tomatoe... may i ask a favour can we please please have a piece of feta ... i might pay extra

3  Thank tradgy
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

Well...they do say that a picture says a thousand words. Dont worry, I'll keep this one well under a thousand.
Awesome, tasty, simple, do it, you gotta, thank me later.
For an all rounder experience of Cape Town follow our Inst profile at zawanderlust