“Corkage back to reasonable 50 rand”
Review of Cafe Manhattan

Cafe Manhattan
Ranked #352 of 1 193 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: European, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: This iconic eating, meeting and chilling spot is the longest standing venue in the heart of de Waterkant village and has been a firm favourite with locals and tourists alike. Whether your intention is a quick bite to eat, a cheeky afternoon cocktail on the terrace, or a late night rendezvous in the bar, at this welcoming venue anything could happen... Saddle up and take a ride!
Reviewed 3 October 2016

Wouldn't eat here when the corkage went up to 100 rand but they seem to have listened. The corkage now is a reasonable 50 rand.
The burgers are great here, so I had missed them by my boycott, but now I'm back and enjoying a very delicious meal.
The staff are brilliant and I must compliment Thando on a very attentive service. For vegetarians, my partner enjoys the veg slider. There is also a good selection of vegetarian food. All at very reasonable prices.

1  Thank harvestmouse2

Reviewed 24 September 2016

Again this was a recommendation by the owners of Baraka Gifts, and we were not disappointed! Their burger and steaks are super! Friendly staff and lovely sitting outside watching all the cool people of Cape Town walk by! Great cocktails!

Reviewed 20 September 2016

A girl from work referred Cafe Manhattan to me (they had her sister's bachelorette there) and all my expectations were exceeded from the get go.
We checked the venue out during happy hour and met with the manager, Tas, to discuss the menu (which he was very flexible about and customised for our group).
The staff was also super friendly and they all made an effort to pop by and greet us.

We were about 15 girls and made a group booking for the loft area. The bridesmaids arrived earlier to set up and during that time some of the other customers came up to check it out and say hi. It was such a good vibe from the beginning. Along with our food (which was DELICIOUS, I lost count of how many chicken wings I had!), Tas made sure that we had plenty of welcome drinks and wine. Kyle, our waiter, was also an absolute treat and didn't even charge us corkage. During the evening he was always available and great with everyone.
When we left for the after party at the end of the evening, they let us keep the decor there and took it down for us + kept our stuff for us to pick up the next day.

A group booking's logistics can be stressful and there's almost without exception an issue with the bill at the end, but everything was effortless and we could focus on having a good time. They really know how to make customers happy.

Tas, Kyle and the rest of the staff there - Thanks SO much, I would definitely recommend Cafe Manhattans to anyone out there.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

Happy hour happens just before the sun begins to say good bye, Awesome mixes to try, the atmosphere pushes you to think you are somewhere in amsterdam.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

This place is trendy and buzzing. I has all those niche'es that provide both private and cosy yet somewhat exposed. The crowd is great, mix of all ages and the atmosphere is approachable. The drink list is good, its really easy to fall onto the cocktail trap of 'good and reasonably price' just to find yourself 3 drinks later completely distracted!
Food is of good standard, although the salads could be improved.
WiFi available no questions asked.