“Must I pay for the liquidation of Madam Zinagara ”
Review of Cafe Manhattan

Cafe Manhattan
Ranked #321 of 1 147 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: European, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Pretoria
“Must I pay for the liquidation of Madam Zinagara ”
Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

Manhattans has the worst wine list in Cape Town! While Hussars Grill and Cattle Baron charges NO corkage, Madam Zingara Restaurant now charges R100 per bottle. Reason per manager: their wine is so reasonable and selection so wide! Really girl! I need to smoke what you had to understand this argument! Not very Cape Town R100 corkage per bottle???

Visited July 2016
3 Thank hugovz

• Turkish first
“Great Meal, Great Service”
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

Cafe Manhattan is an absolute gem. Been here often and never disappointed. Partner had Ceaser Salad that was devine. My fillet was grilled to perfection and rounded off by a unique pepper sauce.Superb service made the visit unforgetable.

Visited July 2016
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Corkage up from 35 rand to 100 rand. Step too far”
Reviewed 7 July 2016

Used to eat here twice a week, although the food is generally burgers, they are tasty. However we have noticed the service is quickly going downhill, most of the usual staff seemed to have left. Very slow service and once we were even forgotten about. Sat there for 40 minutes. It was because non of the waiters had been given our table in their section. However the reason I've given a thumbs down is because last night we arrived and was told the corkage had gone up from 35 to 100 rand, bit extortionate, and although the food isn't too bad, on top of the increasingly bad and slow service, its a thumbs down. However they did us a great service as we went somewhere else and found a great Italian restaurant at Cape Royale, which we will defiantly go back to. So thanks to Manhattan for getting us out of the routine of coming to you twice a week and resulting is us finding a much better place to eat. Maybe Manhattan should just be a bar and not a restaurant.

• Visited July 2016
6 Thank harvestmouse2
“Terrible!”
Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

I am so dissappointed as me and my friend visit this restaurant so often and always rave about how good the atmosphere is and how amazing their chocolate chilli burgers are. After suggesting it to them we decided to make a day of it. We were 7 people in total and from start to finish was one bad thing on top of another. We were told that the reason we wait 15 minutes for a beer is because they only have 1 barman. That should not be my problem. Then our burgers took ages again but we didn't mind since we knew the chocolate chilli burgers are worth the wait... only to discover they don't have it! We were given burgers with only chocolate sauce. Tasted terrible! We waited for the manager to bring us real chocolate chilli sauce as they are busy making it. He said we will have to wait 5 minutes for it. We were happy to wait. 20 minutes later we just couldn't wait any longer and had to eat our cold burgers with no sauce. The manager came along after the 20 minute wait and said that it takes longer now and he can't give it. I am so extremely sad about this cause now I have to search the Cape for a new restaurant that serves chocolate chilli sauce.

Visited June 2016
5 Thank Francois M
New Delhi, India
“Vibey”
Reviewed 8 June 2016

Cafe Manhattan is a fun place right in the middle of the Waterkant Village. The food is great, the staff friendly (and dressed in crazy costumes!). I'd recommend getting a burger.

• Visited May 2016