“Very Pleasant Hoel”

Ranked #47 of 112 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn
Park Inn by Rad... C, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cape Town Foreshore, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Reviewed 12 January 2018

The location was fair. We were given room 315. it was near the service lift and stairway access. It was extremely noisy during the day and night with staff banging the doors.
Housekeeping was good, with the exception of the making up of the rooms . on our return late in the afternoons , our room was not made up.
the menu in the restaurants and Harold bar was not up to standard. need to be changed at on a weekly basis. food in the restaurant on the ground floor was poor.
breakfast was average. for a four star hotel , the fruit selection was very limited.
the hot maeals were also limited. The room was average. We will not visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room near the service lift or the service .
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ishwar R
Park Inn by Rad... C, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cape Town Foreshore, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Ishwar R

Firstly I would like to thank you for your constructive feedback from your most recent stay.
I must admit that I am deeply saddened that you experienced such inconsistency with regards to our service standards. My sincere apology for the shortcomings in providing you with the Yes I can service we pride ourselves on delivering. We do take every bit of feedback seriously and we will certainly follow the necessary steps to ensure that we look into the areas mentioned in your review. . I do however hope that we get the chance to welcome you back should your travels bring you to Cape Town again.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

My husband and I spent only 1 night at this hotel and was pleasantly surprised with our stay. I reserved the Superior Room, which I felt was worth the extra $20 or so compared to the standard room. I found the room to very spacious, clean and nicely designed. Pictures on the website felt accurate. The king bed was comfortable and the shower pressure worked fine. I am a very light sleeper and found the room to be very quiet. I also appreciated the complimentary bottled water and found the free wi-fi to work great.

Of note, it was not necessary to bring a South African adapter as there was one US outlet next to the bed.

I reserved the room through hotels.com, which included free breakfast (not entirely sure if breakfast is free for everyone). The breakfast was surprisingly excellent with an abundant selection of cold/hot items (cereals, breads, pastries, meats, cheeses, grill station) and even fresh juices.

All the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. We were told by the bellman that a shuttle service is free within 3 km, but at a cost if >3 km. Organizing pick-up time with the front desk looked pretty straight forward. They wanted to charge about 350 ZAR to go to the airport (about 20 minutes drive with little traffic). We decided to use Uber, which cost only 150 ZAR.

As we spent the day in the wine region about 20 minutes away, I can't comment further on the surroundings. However, it did not look obvious that there were many things to do/see within immediate vicinity of the hotel. Considering the free 3 km shuttle service and the reasonable price, I thought this was a surprisingly great stay.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca Z

Dear Rebecca Z

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience of our hotel following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that overall your experience was positive about all aspects of your stay and that our friendly staff were able to assist you. Reading your review definitely confirms that as hotel we are heading in the right direction. I do hope that your travels bring you back to the "Mother City" of South Africa and of course that you choose to stay with us again.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 6 nights when visiting Cape Town. The hotel offers free travels within 3 km with their cute minicooper. We used that service very much. We had a business room which was clean, spacious and modern. The cleaning was super! Breakfast was very good too! The hotel has a roof toop bar with a little pool and beds. Very nice with good prices. Finally I want to say a Big thank you to the wonderful people working At the hotel! They always had a smile on their face and played with our daughter. The trainees in reception and breakfast was lovely!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Dear Marielle T

which makes me very proud of the team and the product at the hotel.

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

The hotel is I n a great area, all the staff were very friendly and happy to help with anything.
Amazing breakfast!
The rooms are almost futuristic but modern, very comfortable beds and lovely showers.
Highly recommend

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Emily G

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about Park Inn by Radisson Cape Town Foreshore. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay especially our new breakfast concept, which makes me very proud of the team and the product at the hotel.I certainly will share your review with our staff and look forward to being able to welcome you back in the near future.