“Great ribs”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Telephone 021 914 1658Email cattlebaron@telkomsa.net
Reviewed 31 May 2015 via mobile

I love meat and have never been disappointed at this cattle baron. The ribs come highly recommended. Was recently there with family and had a good experience once again. It is definitely worth the price you pay.

Reviewed 31 May 2015

Setting is good. Service poor and food average. Steaks were tough. Waiter was not very attentive and overall not impressed

2  Thank Grant T
Reviewed 29 May 2015 via mobile

Excellent even in peak time, does not even matter that they were so busy. Waiter even asked if we wanted to social before we ordered our food. I really recommended this restaurant!

Reviewed 19 May 2015

My Boyfriend and I are steak lovers and in the past we have rated Cattle Baron (Tyger Waterfront) as being in our top 5 places for good steak.

We went there recently and the service was confusing from the start. We had made a reservation and although there were 3 staff members standing at the reception area, a waiter had to come all the way from the dinning room to check our reservation and seat us.

My boyfriend had booked a table outside which is also the smoking area. You would not expect it to be unpleasant as it was only us and another couple sitting in that area but for some or other reason there was a really unkind smell lingering in that section which is very unfortunate when you are trying to have a nice dinner with your partner.

Finally our food arrives. We both order steak done 'Medium'. I must confess that in the past visits to Cattle Baron I would need to order it Medium-Rare to get what I feel is a Medium done steak. for some reason we went with medium. I guess I did not expect much of a difference.

Our Steak comes. My boyfriends steak is done as expected. My steak was over done and just barely had a touch of pink on the inside. I was not happy with this because anyone could see that it was Medium-Well. If you enjoy steak you will know that there is a big difference between medium and medium-well.

I called my Waiter and explained my dissatisfaction, he made me cut up my entire steak to prove to him that the entire steak was like this. Then he went on to tell me that my steak was cooked properly even after myself and my Boyfriend insisted that it was not. I even pointed out that my boyfriends steak was a lot more under done then mine yet we ordered the exact same temperature. I don't claim to be a steak expert but I know the way that I like my steak and that was not it!
He refused to take my steak back to redo it and I was left very unsatisfied and very annoyed.

After about 7 minutes the other couple in our section also pointed out that their steak was over cooked and the waiter continued to pursue the same argument with them.

Really Not what I expected. The only reason I am not giving them a rating of 2 is because their quality is good and they have nice vegetables. But very lacking when it comes to service and customer satisfaction.

Reviewed 28 April 2015

There is a variety of dishes and something for everyone on the menu. My favourite is their fillets. The vegetables and fresh rolls are always a winner.
This specific Cattle Baron has a view on the lake and it is nice to sit on the 'stoep' during summer or close to the window that you can see the lake.
Sunday afternoons is usually a bit noise because of so many families visiting the restaurant. However, when one start eating you completely forget about the noise levels!