“Refreshing experience ”

Ranked #51 of 1 228 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

It was a great experience having dinner at this evidently very popular restaurant.
Not cheap by any standard, but has amazing creativity and excellent service.
The shouting by the waiters(it seemed every time there was a new customer walking in) was a tad noisy for me, but seems to add to the atmosphere for most patrons.
The fish teppanyaki was definitely a good dish.
The great effort made to ensure that there are gluten free alternatives was phenomenal.

Carl_Heinz_Habel01, Manager at Nobu, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Dear Tzoro1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review! I am elated to read that you had a fabulous experience at Nobu Cape Town.

We hope to welcome you back in a near future.

Kind regards,
Carl Heinz-Habel – Nobu General Manager

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

This has got to be the biggest sad and pathetic high end restaurant ever. Been to the one London which was barely ok. Late food, zero service. The food tasted worse than tuna from a can. Avoid at all cost. We ate sushi at Codfather a few days ago and it puts this sad place to shame. Wow. What a huge disappointment.

Carl_Heinz_Habel01, Manager at Nobu, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Dear Tarek H,

Thank you for your feedback. I am extremely disappointed to read that we failed to deliver an exceptional experience and I assure you that this is not the usual standard we strive to deliver at Nobu. I would greatly appreciate if you could contact me directly on Carl.Habel@oneandonlycapetown.com.

Warmest Regards,
Carl Heinz-Habel- General Manager Nobu

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Very nice asian food experience. I arrived with my choices already made from the menu published online, but then took the risk of following the staff recommendation, and this was the turning point of what became by best asian food experience so far. It was my second time here.

Good day Marcio C,

Thank you for your review of Nobu at One&Only Cape Town. We are delighted to read about your fantastic dining experience, it would be my pleasure to share your kind compliments with my team.

We hope you will visit us again in the near future for another wonderful evening!

Kind regards,
Carl Heinz-Habel - General Manger Nobu

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

This is our second visit here and we loved it even more than the first time. Partly thanks to the reservation team, we requested a table and they made sure we got it. Then due to our waiter 'Tapiwa' - he was just great.
Food was excellent, he gave us recommendations outside of our order and encouraged us to have a dish we wouldn't normally get but we loved it.
The service is some of the best in cape town, the food too. As for the cocktails - WOW!!! If you like grapefruit or apple try the martinis!! Grapefruit martini is one of the best I've had!
When I'm back in cape town - I'll be back there! Thanks guys!

Dear Lauren W,

Thank you for your kind recommendation. We are delighted that you had such a lovely experience with us and I will be sure to thank the Tapiwa and the reservations team for making your visit truly special.

We all look forward to having another opportunity to welcome you in the not too distant future.

Warmest regards,
Carl Heinz-Habel – Nobu General Manager

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

We have visited this restaurant many times before whilst staying at the One and Only.

The food has always been of a good standard , however this time the service was exemplary thanks to our server Sylvain. He is really a credit to the restaurant.

The stand out dish was recommended by Sylvain , the springbok new style, and as always the black cod!

We will be returning again next year.

2  Thank Rebecca H

Dear Rebecca H,

We are extremely thrilled to read that you had an exceptional visit at Nobu Cape Town. I will be sure to convey the message to Sylvain.

We look forward to welcoming you back next year to enjoy another memorable evening.

Kind Regards,