“Nobu standard in a less that welcoming setting”
Review of Nobu

Nobu
Ranked #51 of 1 228 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 January 2018

I am regular at Mastsushisa Mykonos (Nobu) and have been to Nobu in London a few times. I love the food, the tataki with ponzu sauce, the white fish Jalopeno, Rock Shirmp tempura (although Nobu Capetown had the this plate with two instead of three sauces), the shrimp kataifi ... etc. The food in this Nobu lived to the standard. However, I found the setting not so intimate, with the dining room basically a long room. Also although the waiters were courteous, they were not as attentive or explaining of the dishes as they should have been. I would definitely again for the food if again in Capetown.

Carl_HeinzHabel, Manager at Nobu, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Good day Mostafa E,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a candid review. I'm glad that you found our staff very helpful. However, I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectations. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the room.

We hope that you would give us another chance to meet your expectations next time.

Carl Heinz Habel - General Manager Nobu

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Probably not to much to add to those that go there already.

Same decor, look and feel as most other Nobu's, but not quite as good as setting at the One & Only - bit surprised at that.

Food options, service all the same and all good but you just feel you are paying sooooooooooo much of the price for the 'Nobu' brand. No better or worse than loads and loads of lesser priced and known restaurants.

Most expensive restaurant by a mile we have eaten at in SA and 100% not worth it. Nothing special - just average.

Dear Matt E,

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your review and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for another culinary experience.

Best regards,
Carl Heinz-Habel – Nobu General Manager

Reviewed 5 January 2018

The evening started with drinks at the bar, of the One&Only, they went above and beyond to make my special request of a chili passion martini, with very attentive service.

We then went downstairs for dinner, where the table was well serviced pouring both water and wine. Waiters were versatile, comfortable and professional. We had oysters, ceviche, salads, vegetables, and the famous black cod, which just melts in your mouth. Two people had chicken also very delicious, one meal on the table of six came late and they did not charge for it, otherwise, well timed service and fantastic flavors. The visit to the hotel and restaurant left you wanting to go back for more.

Dear Sharon C,

Thank you for sharing your gracious feedback. We are happy to read that you had a marvelous experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Nobu when next you visit Cape Town.

Carl Heinz-Habel - Nobu General Manager

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

We had dinner at Nobu at our first evening in Cape Town ( actually in South Africa) and it was by far the best restaurant we visited during the entire trip. It's located in the One and Only Hotel in Cape Town but it's much more than a Hotel Restaurant. It has cool modern interiors, the service ist super friendly and the food is more than excellent. The spinach salat with misu is unforgettable and the black cod with a special teriyaki marinade was one of the best things I ever ate in my life. All the other dishes we had were of equally excellent quality. I would say, it's worth to come to Cape Town only for this restaurant. 5 points are not enough!

Dear Hupingzhang,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review! I am elated to read that you had a fabulous experience at Nobu Cape Town and especially that it was the best dining experience during your time in South Africa.

We hope to welcome you back should your travels bring you back to Cape Town.

Carl Heinz-Habel – Nobu General Manager

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

I had an awesome time at Nobu Cape Town. Was at the Sushi Bar, had a great chat with Ernest and Fikile. To order, I had the 6 oysters and the The Yellowtail with Jalapeno recommended by Andile, wasn't disappointed at all. Had BEEN wanting to come to Cape Town to check out this place. Chat with the waiters and locals, you will not be disappointed. Great vibe and great people

Good day Rache_203,

Thank you for your wonderful review of Nobu at One&Only Cape Town. We are delighted to read about your experience with us, and I will personally thank chefs Ernest and Fakile for making your visit even more enjoyable.

We look forward to having you return in the near future to explore our menu further.

Carl Heinz-Habel - General Manger Nobu