Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Jon
Cannon Rocks, South Africa

Great place value for money

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 22 Jan 2024via mobile
We spent only one night but great service great well priced food and a lovely rooftop pool and seating are worth every Rand spent will look at this as the place to stay only 15 mins from the airport if you need to fly out and walking distance to great restaurants
Trip type: Travelled with friends
    R 6 688
    R 7 740
1.8 km from ANEW Hotel Green Point
View more hotels in Cape Town Central
All reviews pool deck coffee machine cape town stadium a great stay green point hotel restaurant one night top floor room was clean beautiful hotel enjoyed our stay walking distance hangers receptionist comfort gym luggage
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 January 2024

The hotel is dirty, and everything is going very slowly.
They booking prices and rooms didn't correspond to they real offer.

That hotel hosted me in the very loudly room without seaview for the first night although I had booked the room with seaview and asked if it was quiet. After I had written the booking thay replaced me in the normal room (the first night was passed). It was nice room except some dirty.
We were need to stay two more nights in CT and didn't want to move once again so I asked the reception if I could stay two nights and what I was need to do. They asked that there was no problems and I was need to book two nights like I did before.

I did this and they offered me to pay extra money (except the money for booking), cancel the booking reservation (so they just cheated the service) and gave us the room without balcony (although I paid for another type of room).

Reviewed 21 January 2024

We were very excited for our anniversary trip to CPT but this was almost ruined by pathetic customer service at this hotel. It all started with a Very poor arrival and welcome. Your front desk staff didn’t smile and weren’t clued up on the V&A shuttle (we asked and they didn’t mention a cost, then when we wanted to book and the other staff member said there’s a cost - we said we will rather take a uber as it’s cheaper and they spoke in their language and said we just wanted a free shuttle, which was very rude. Also we arrived at 13.30 and they said the rooms will only be available at 2. Once 2pm came, they didn’t make an effort to call us and just ignored us. It was very disappointing and almost spoilt our stay.

Numerous calls to reception for pool towels, twi pin plugs to use the hairdryer had to be made in a space of an hour. Had to keep following up.

There is no fridge in the rooms. A bar fridge will help considering how humid and hot it can be in CPT. Also FIT PLUGS FOR HAIRDRYERS, we had to beg reception for a twin pin plug three times

Poor food selection, especially for vegetarian and halal customers was a disappointment. There are no fly fans to keep flies away from the food, which was very gross.

Overall, the rooms and hotel itself is very clean and modern. That helped a lot and if customer service can improve and managers be more visible, this can be a really great hotel because it’s lovely and the location is brilliant!

Reviewed 17 January 2024

Overall Hotel is of a greater level I haven't came across. Cleanliness. I received value of money, there were hiccups but am glad I had staff that could listen try even if it doesn't meet your needs but they went all the way. Xolani, Lonwabo, Noxi, Nathan the best employees one would rather have infront

Reviewed 14 January 2024 via mobile

The good:
- quite new so the interior and all furniture are new and present well
-rates are not too exorbitant
The not so good:
-while in Greenpoint, it is in the area not so busy and walking at night is most certainly not suggested. Restaurants and Bars are not too far away, but getting back late by foot, will be risky.
-extremely noisy. I could hear every sound, voice and door closing
-my room service experience was a joke! 30mins after my order, I was informed the chicken wings starters were out of stock so I obviously canceled the starter (duh) and asked for the burger I ordered, to be made a double burger. An hour later (now 1.5hrs after placing the order) I called to follow up and was told they ran out of bread but someone went to buy.......when the order eventually arrived, they wanted to deliver two burgers..............and, ran out of stock on Coke Zero......
Things happen, sure but there was not even an attempt to apologize during the event, nor at checkout.
If it was not a neaw Hotel, my rating would have been "poor". Regardless, I will not return there nor make use of it for my teams weekly business travels

Room tip: Avoid walking in the area at night
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 November 2023

We were quite happy with the hotel in general. However, the roof and pool area was closed during our entire stay of about 2 weeks. Since this was a main reason why we picked this hotel in the first place, this was a disappointment.

Date of stay: November 2023