“Amazing little italian spot ”

Il Leone Mastrantonio
Ranked #37 of 1 207 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: During our recent visit to Cape Town, we ate at this restaurant on the strong recommendation from the owner of our hotel. He was right! Very good good, BYOB nad great staff and a very friendly efficnet waitress. great food...highly recommended
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

Amazing food !! The carbonara was out of this world. Service was great totally recommend it. Wine amarone della valpociella Classico 2013 WOW

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

Have always had an excellent meal. The standard has remained the same over the years as has the quality. We shared a starter with bread. All had different pastas. All enjoyed. No wine just soft drinks. No space for dessert. Excellent and quick service. Recommend it

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

I ordered the pasta and the veal. Wasn’t too happy with my veal (was a bit too dry) but the pasta was fantastic ! Also our waitress looked like a young Anne Hathaway so was not hard on the eyes either !

Reviewed 26 December 2017

I went there for dinner. Food was okay, service was good. The restaurant can be very busy so make sure you book in advance.

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

The Mastrantonio in Johannesburg, South Africa is an outstanding restaurant. I therefore assumed il Leone (part of the same stable) would be just as good. It is also highly rated on TripAdvisor. I will keep it brief.

My gnocchi bolognese was plain and uninspiring. It tasted like a run-of-the-mill spaghetti bolognese sauce. The actual gnocchi was hard and chewy and not the soft, melt in your mouth like it should be. I asked for a dash of cream. Waitress said that's fine for an extra charge of R25! Are you kidding me???

My wife had the tortellini. It too was bland and the pasta was al dente which didn't seem right.

All in all a very disappointing meal all round.

1  Thank RyanLapidus