“Prawn linguine to die for! ”

Il Leone Mastrantonio
Ranked #57 of 1 299 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: During our recent visit to Cape Town, we ate at this restaurant on the strong recommendation from the owner of our hotel. He was right! Very good good, BYOB nad great staff and a very friendly efficnet waitress. great food...highly recommended
Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

Lovely vibe, great people and the most delicious prawn linguine I've ever had. They even give you a doggie bag at the end incase you are too full! Not forgetting the gorgeous tomato based starter with mozzarella one of their recommendations :)

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Upon my visit to Cape Town, my friend suggested we have lunch at Il Leone. A friendly waiter greeted me and seated me outside (as it was a beautiful day....and they have a smoking section, which is a plus for me). After the arrival of my friend the waiter brought us the most divine freshly baked bread and informed us of the specials of the day. Even though the specials sounded scrumptious I opted for the fillet and my friend decided on the line fish. The food was well presented and cooked to perfection. Some might find the potatoes and veggies served with the fillet a bit lacking, but personally, I found the portion to be just right. My friends' line fish was according to her, also very delicious. I did however find it a little bit pricey. The atmosphere, quality of food and good service made it well worth it though.

Reviewed 10 March 2017

I had my birthday dinner here together with 3 friends last Friday. Our waiter was just outstanding, and all of us were happy with the food; tasty and attractive. Beautiful paintings on the wall are mostly all still for sale. I want one as a birthday present! Book a table to get in.

Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

Decided to bring some overseas friends for dinner & was relieved that we weren't disappointed.

The pasta dishes we ordered were delicious and except for the gnocchi, the portions were ample!
They serve a scrumptious cake like bread that I find irresistible, but don't let it spoil your appetite.

Was planning on trying the tiramisu but just didn't have space!

Unlike so many restaurants where the service these days tends to be indifferent, we struck gold with our waitress Tina.
She's experienced, knowledgable and engaging in just the right doses. What a pleasure!

Enjoy!

Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

Visited with friends after reading positive reviews. Unfortunately it was not worth the wait. Had bruschetta to share with friends - topped with mushrooms which was odd. The seafood pasta was diabolical, prawns were chewy and tasted far from fresh - I left most of it but at no point did a member of staff ask how our food was. My husband had carbonara that was decidedly average. Service was painfully slow. Can't understand the hype at all - avoid.

Date of visit: February 2017