Queen Victoria Hotel & Manor House
US$138
US$134
  • Restaurant
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$270
US$204
US$221
US$214
  • Pool
Protea Hotel Cape Town Victoria Junction(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$146
  • Pool
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$132
Hilton
  • Pool
Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$86
  • Breakfast included
ONOMO Hotel Cape Town - Inn On The Square(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$63
  • Pool
Protea Hotel Cape Town Sea Point(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$119
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$76
  • Bar/Lounge
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$779
US$731
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdash restaurantdock housepremium roomsister hoteltable mountainboutique hotelhuge bathroomturn down servicebeautiful hotelperfect locationwaterfront areahighly recommend this hotelsmall hotelour honeymooneach eveningfour nightsfew minutes walk
Reviewed 30 June 2015

My partner and I stayed at the Queen Victoria Hotel in September 2014, so this review is long-intended but late in coming! We spent five nights at the hotel, and it is probably the best city hotel I have ever stayed in.

Right from arrival, when we were greeted at the airport by the hotel's driver, until we left on the day we checked out, we were treated like VIPs and the hotel staff simply couldn't do enough for us. The reception staff knew our names and which room we were staying in, the staff at breakfast were always interested to hear our plans for the day, and the bartender always remembered our drinks of choice when we popped in for a nightcap. To cap it all, a number of the staff knew that my partner was planning to propose to me during our stay - nothing was ever given away, and a number of them congratulated us later on our engagement.

Our room was the Junior Mountain Suite - one of the most spectacular hotel rooms I have ever had the pleasure to stay in. The room was huge and immaculate, with a wonderful view of Table Mountain from the balcony. Certainly not the cheapest room we could have stayed in, but the perfect luxurious way to begin our holiday in South Africa.

Breakfast was plentiful and extremely good quality - we were always greeted at the restaurant with a big smile, the buffet food was lovely, the a la carte delicious (and the staff were happy to oblige us with a couple of tweaks to the a la carte options to create our ideal breakfast) and there was even sparkling wine to start the day in style.

Finally, the location of the hotel is second to none - a short walk down some steps and across the road takes you into the V&A Waterfront, where we spent a number of our evenings. It's walking distance to the various shops and the Robben Island ferry, and taxis are plentiful for going further afield.

All in all, there is absolutely nothing I can fault with this hotel - the only fault is mine for taking so long to review it! It was the perfect hotel to enjoy Cape Town, a wonderful way to begin our trip to South Africa, and a very memorable place to get engaged. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Queen Victoria to anybody visiting Cape Town, and can't wait to return one day in the future.

Room Tip: If you can stretch the budget to it, the Junior Mountain Suite is simply beautiful.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Owl_86
Mike_Vroom, General Manager at Queen Victoria Hotel & Manor House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2015

Dear Owl_86

Our team are always more than delighted to read positive reviews and thank you so much for the wonderful comments. We pride ourselves on delivering personalized attention to our guests and I'm delighted to read you experienced the true Queen Victoria service.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon to create another memorable experience with us, so on your next visit please do reach out to reservations@newmarkhotels.com so that we can make your next Queen Victoria stay unforgettable.

Reviewed 25 June 2015

The Queen Victoria Hotel is conveniently located near the waterfront of Cape Town, with in walking distance to many of the sites and eateries that CT has to offer. The staff of the QV is amazing, especially Curtis at the front desk and Eileen in the restaurant. The entire staff was very nice and always said hello or goodbye whether we were coming or going! The room was beautiful with cool calming colors and a bathroom one can only dream about! The food was out of this world, and the breakfast buffet was one of the best I have ever had. Only two negatives that I can review is the wifi was not as strong or reliable as I would have expected and the sheets were very stiff and not very comfortable. But those two things will not deter us from booking again with the Queen Victoria!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Brinn16

Dear Brinn16,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review on your recent stay and am glad to read that you got to enjoy all the experiences that Cape Town has to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon to spend some more time with us, so on your next visit please do let reservations@newmarkhotels.com know so that we can make your next Queen Victoria visit just as memorable.

Reviewed 23 June 2015

This hotel was by far my absolute favorite hotel and after visiting over 50 countries, I have a lot to compare it to. The hotel was warm, welcoming and people were personable. The conversations were genuine and they didn't feel like they were just out for a good tip. My friend ended up leaving his passports in his safe (we had already driven 4 hours north by the time this was discovered) and the hotel went to every length to try to send them by courier but it turned out we were just out of range. We had to turn around and go back to get them, but the hotel met us with a packed lunch and drinks, free of charge, for our 4 hour drive back. I have never had such good service. I will most definitely be back with my family.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business

Dear Jessica M,

Thank you for your wonderful review! I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you got to experience the true hospitality and service that we pride ourselves on.

Reviewed 8 June 2015

My wife and I looked in to nearly 100 hotels in the Waterfront, Central and Camps Bay area and chose the Queen Victoria for our 3 nights in Cape Town (concluding out 8 night South Africa trip). It is in a perfect location - close to the Waterfront, a short walk to Long Street (1.5mi) and close to the hop on and off tour bus (which we took to Table Mountain). The entire staff was amazing. Curtis at the front desk took personal care to book some tickets and a tour for us. The doormen didn't just point to where we needed to go, they walked with us. The breakfast was tasty as were the nightcaps. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor, and were never disturbed by outside noises.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chris R
Mike_Vroom, General Manager at Queen Victoria Hotel & Manor House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2015

Dear Chris R,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review after your recent stay with us. We are very to read that you choose the Queen Victoria Hotel over almost 100 other hotels in the area and were not dissapointed. Curtis is a true asset to our team and sends his very best.

Reviewed 5 June 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights while on our visit to South Africa. After doing research on TA we decided this was the best hotel for us and it did not disappoint! This place is amazing. A small 5 star hotel which means you get a personal touch from all the staff. The location is perfect for tourists wanting to feel safe in Cape Town. The Waterfront is the only place we would stay in Cape Town. The Restaurant (Dash) is one of the best I've ever eaten in which just made breakfast worth getting out of bed for, you can also avail of breakfast from their sister hotel the V & A Waterfront.. Free parking and free wifi. The room was brilliant and a massive bathroom to match. You won't be disappointed in this hotel.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robbiefromireland

Dear Robbiefromireland,

Thank you for your lovely review, my team and I are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you had a lovely stay while in Cape Town. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time at the the hotel and Dash and that that you experienced the luxury and service that we pride ourselves on offering.