All reviews dash restaurant dock house premium room table mountain sister hotel boutique hotel huge bathroom perfect location beautiful hotel waterfront area small hotel our honeymoon few minutes walk water front four nights rooms are spacious the ground floor
Reviewed 8 June 2015

My wife and I looked in to nearly 100 hotels in the Waterfront, Central and Camps Bay area and chose the Queen Victoria for our 3 nights in Cape Town (concluding out 8 night South Africa trip). It is in a perfect location - close to the Waterfront, a short walk to Long Street (1.5mi) and close to the hop on and off tour bus (which we took to Table Mountain). The entire staff was amazing. Curtis at the front desk took personal care to book some tickets and a tour for us. The doormen didn't just point to where we needed to go, they walked with us. The breakfast was tasty as were the nightcaps. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor, and were never disturbed by outside noises.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chris R
Mike_Vroom, General Manager at Queen Victoria Hotel & Manor House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2015

Dear Chris R,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review after your recent stay with us. We are very to read that you choose the Queen Victoria Hotel over almost 100 other hotels in the area and were not dissapointed. Curtis is a true asset to our team and sends his very best.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon to create another memorable experience with us, so on your next visit please do reach out to reservations@newmarkhotels.com so that we can make your next Queen Victoria stay unforgettable.

Reviewed 5 June 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights while on our visit to South Africa. After doing research on TA we decided this was the best hotel for us and it did not disappoint! This place is amazing. A small 5 star hotel which means you get a personal touch from all the staff. The location is perfect for tourists wanting to feel safe in Cape Town. The Waterfront is the only place we would stay in Cape Town. The Restaurant (Dash) is one of the best I've ever eaten in which just made breakfast worth getting out of bed for, you can also avail of breakfast from their sister hotel the V & A Waterfront.. Free parking and free wifi. The room was brilliant and a massive bathroom to match. You won't be disappointed in this hotel.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robbiefromireland

Dear Robbiefromireland,

Thank you for your lovely review, my team and I are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you had a lovely stay while in Cape Town. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time at the the hotel and Dash and that that you experienced the luxury and service that we pride ourselves on offering.

Reviewed 4 June 2015

We got moved to this hotel because of a room issue in another hotel. This hotel is probably the best one of it's sort in the waterfront.

The rooms are suite-like. Bathrooms are about the size of other hotel's hotel rooms. The rooms have the most tasteful decor and colours.

The service is impecable. In ways that you don't even know they have staff - but everything just happens and get done. Check-in is hardly a checking in but more just like being walked to your room. Brilliant.

The hotel is situated across the road from the waterfront. It is basically a 2 minute walk and you're in the center of the V&A Waterfront but the hotel is situated in such a way that no noise can reach it from the waterfront.

Some rooms have balconies - ask for one if you want one.

This is an expensive hotel, but worth every cent!

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconies - ask for one when you book.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Quintin H

Dear Quintin H,

We cannot even begin to thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review for future travelers!. We are thrilled to hear that you received the very best service during your stay. Our staff love to go above & beyond to make your stay at the Queen Victoria Hotel an experience you will never forget.

Reviewed 28 May 2015 via mobile

I had a good time in this hotel.... Been their twice. In this time I met Curtis (Duty manager) .... He was very special person ...helpful ,kind , polite... I would like to express my gratitude to him for his hospitality and professional way during my stay.

He helped me a lot through my stay... Always giving me good options of good places to go.

Success needs such people.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Kacst
Mike_Vroom, General Manager at Queen Victoria Hotel & Manor House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2015

Dear Kacst,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review after your return stay with us. Curtis is a intrigal part of our team and real asset and I thank you for your kind words regarding him.

Reviewed 14 May 2015 via mobile

Business diner 13 May 2015, 16 guests. First we were unable to sit together and were only informed upon arival. Although food was great , service was slow, in fact our ceo received his food nearly 10 minutes after the other guests. Credit card machine declined Diners card 3 times eventually processed payment. Despite complaining about incorrect temperature of my meat , waiter did not fix , was too hungry to protest any further. Not sure if I will take my family there .

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Craig N
Mike_Vroom, General Manager at Queen Victoria Hotel & Manor House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2015

Dear Craig N,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent dinner at Dash Restaurant. The pounts raised are certainly not in line with our high levels of service that we pride ourselves on. Your feedback has been dicussed with the relavant management to ensure these areas are addressed.