All reviewsdash restaurantdock housepremium roomtable mountainsister hotelboutique hotelhuge bathroombeautiful hotelwaterfront areaperfect locationour honeymoonsmall hotelfew minutes walkfour nightswater frontthe ground floorour room was spacious
Reviewed 28 May 2015 via mobile

I had a good time in this hotel.... Been their twice. In this time I met Curtis (Duty manager) .... He was very special person ...helpful ,kind , polite... I would like to express my gratitude to him for his hospitality and professional way during my stay.

He helped me a lot through my stay... Always giving me good options of good places to go.

Success needs such people.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Kacst
Mike_Vroom, General Manager at Queen Victoria Hotel & Manor House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2015

Dear Kacst,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review after your return stay with us. Curtis is a intrigal part of our team and real asset and I thank you for your kind words regarding him.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon to create another memorable experience with us, so on your next visit please do reach out to reservations@newmarkhotels.com so that we can make your next Queen Victoria stay unforgettable.

Reviewed 14 May 2015 via mobile

Business diner 13 May 2015, 16 guests. First we were unable to sit together and were only informed upon arival. Although food was great , service was slow, in fact our ceo received his food nearly 10 minutes after the other guests. Credit card machine declined Diners card 3 times eventually processed payment. Despite complaining about incorrect temperature of my meat , waiter did not fix , was too hungry to protest any further. Not sure if I will take my family there .

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Craig N
Mike_Vroom, General Manager at Queen Victoria Hotel & Manor House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2015

Dear Craig N,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent dinner at Dash Restaurant. The pounts raised are certainly not in line with our high levels of service that we pride ourselves on. Your feedback has been dicussed with the relavant management to ensure these areas are addressed.

Reviewed 11 May 2015

We found this to be the perfect location for exploring Cape Town and the surrounding area. The staff is excellent as they are totally focused on ensuring that guests have a great experience.

The restaurant food was also excellent, Best mushroom soup EVER. Breakfast selections were great and good wine selections for an evening refreshment. Loved the fruit infused water available 24/7 in the foyer.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear SkiBumwantabee,

Thank you for your amazing review, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that you experienced the personalized service and offering that we pride ourselves in offering our guests

Reviewed 7 May 2015

we were "upgraded " to this hotel after the disaster at V&A. very nice room, dubious furniture, very confortable bed . how can this be a 5 star hotel when
a) no magnifying mirror
b) very dark bathroom
c) huge bathroom one small bathmat
d) tv with few channels and on last night it lost most channels showing a message of payment of dstv overdue ???
e) we left our second key in the room slot to keep the zircon going and every day this key would not be there at all obliging us to ask for a second key ever day
f) the wifi was in my books quite poor, weak and requiring to log in very often , again and again

lots of fuss, debatable delivery and certainly not worth the price , if paid in full

Room Tip: our room was ground floor and on the street , any room with view would be better
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nicolas s
Reviewed 5 May 2015 via mobile

Let's just say that the queen would be proud to have her name on this Hotel. Catchy entrance and lobby. Room was very well decorated. Lovely, good quality bath products and a great, great bathroom. What an awesome view! The downstairs restaurant serves top quality food. We had an array of canapés that were delicious. A fireplace heats up the space during winter. Excellent staff throughout the hotel.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo

Dear knoesenm,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review after your recent visit to us. We are very please to read that you think "The Queen would be Proud" of our lovely hotel.