“A short trip to Japan, well enjoyed.”
Review of Kyoto Garden Sushi

Kyoto Garden Sushi
Ranked #210 of 1 226 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: http://maps.google.co.za/maps/place?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=kyoto+garden+sushi+cape+town&fb=1&gl=za&hq=kyoto+garden+sushi&hnear=Cape+Town&cid=108047996560887617
Reviewed 3 May 2017

A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of visiting Kyoto Garden Sushi in the Tamboerskloof area. The entire experience was unforgettable and we really did enjoy ourselves. From the sparkling Sake, the starters and my mains of grilled prawns, octopus and king crab was especially enjoyable.

This is a great date night restaurant or just a classy evening out with friends. Well worth a visit when exploring the culinary delights of Cape Town.

Reviewed 28 April 2017

I have lived in Tamboerskloof my entire life however I only recently had the pleasure of discovering this pearl when a wise friend suggested Kyoto Garden with some sparkling Sake to help self medicate the pain inflicted after a hectic day at work.

Upon arrival we were greeted by a wonderful hostess who places the party in a cozy nook and arranged for some Sparkling Sake - yes you heard me - Sparking Sake to be brought to the table. This process was repeated a couple of times throughout the night but let's talk about the good stuff... the food.

As a starter I ordered the fresh oysters, delicious! This was followed by The Sauté - a Japanese style seafood platter with goodies like scallops, prawns, octopus, tofu, mushrooms etc. This was a sophisticated light alternative to the cookie cutter Seafood Platter drenched in Tartar Sauce, butter garlic sauce and Chips.

All in all I will definitely be frequenting this lovely neighbourhood establishment again and can't wait to work my way through the rest of the menu and Sake list.

Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

Positive feedback: Tempura scallops were amazing!! We also enjoyed the sushi platter and the amazing wasabi.

Negative feedback: Waiter did not seem to be interested to do his job. Asked 3 time for green tea and never received it. Had to ask to remove the green tea from the bill. Restaurant did not seem busy, bottle of water was put down and never poured and did it ourselves. Never asked if we would like to have anything else after our first cocktail. We had a sauté platter as well, but arrived luke warm.

We do understand this is an authentic Japanese restaurant and we do not mind paying for the special experience they offer, but honestly the service should compliment the food and pricing.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

Kyoto was such an amazing experience!

I'm a big fan of the finer details in a dining experience, and was thoroughly impressed by how the ambiance, the warm welcoming staff, and the amazing food all worked together to create this amazing experience.

We had a beautiful hostess and waiter that were well knowledgeable in the cuisine, and did not shy away in imparting these pearls of wisdom to my friends and I. Apart from the fact that the hostess looked like a model straight out of a Japanese vogue editorial, she taught me a myriad regarding my new best friend SAKE (a Japanese rice wine).

Overall, from my Tuna Tatar, to my Rice and Fish of the day, which happened to be Kingclip for that evening, the dining experience was truly one of the best I have ever had.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Although this restaurant is a bit more expensive than others in the area, we still felt it was worth going. We had sushi, which was done well and we had no complaints, tempura - very very beautifully done and a duck noodle soup - a phenomenal broth. It's been weeks I have left Cape Town, but I still remember that gorgeous broth.