“Go and have the Balsamic Beef Fillet (if you are a meat eater of course!)”
Review of La Boheme

La Boheme
Ranked #37 of 1 227 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: also operates during the day as La Bunixa tapas bar.
Reviewed 19 February 2015

After a long day of sitting on the City Sightseeing Bus that took me around the Cape Peninsula (a MUST do btw!)...i decided to treat myself to a nice dinner. I had read somewhere about the magnificent balsamic beef fillet at La Boheme in Sea Point. Since it was a mere 10 minute walk from my guesthouse...I ventured out.
Although I arrived at closer to 8pm...a very busy time at most restaurants in Sea Point...I was immediately seated out on the patio. As a lone diner, I was immediately made to feel welcome and for a while I forgot that I was dining alone. I ordered the grilled halloumi and beet salad as a starter. It was magnificent and coupled very well with my Pinotage. I ordered the balsamic beef fillet with mushroom risotto (remember that's why I came here!). I was not only blown away by this dish but I begin to smile as I was eating away at my medium rare beef. This is not one fillet...but two steaks stacked on top of the delicious risotto. This dish will blow you away. If not, get your palate checked out.
Service was outstanding and I will definitely come back to this restaurant. You MUST give it a try when in the Sea Point or surrounding areas.

Reviewed 15 February 2015 via mobile

I had a very pleasant experience here last night for my Valentine's days dinner.. :) definitely a very European dinner, dishes unlike any other restaurant in Cape Town. Friendly and polite staff, good environment for fine dining. Definitely suggest trying the pork belly :)

1  Thank Jonathan R
Reviewed 14 February 2015

Good food. Decent service. Ok ambiance. Located at Main Road in Sea Point gives it good points for location too! All in all, might come back just for good food.

Reviewed 12 February 2015

This is a very vibrant place-we ate in an awning attached to the main building, it's accoustically vibrating and great. We were served fantastic food and of course great wine. We were impressed with the restaurant we gave it another try. Again we ate outside in the awning and were prepared for it this time. We were served by a very pleasant waiter. As the evening progressed I saw various things happening that were unpleasant. On leaving I mentioned these to The Manager. I hope the tip got to the correct person.

Reviewed 4 February 2015

I liked the whole setting, the menu boards the friendly staff and of course the food, which for me was duck... Very friendly priced too.