“Superb tasting menu with wine pairing”

La Mouette Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 1 288 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: La Mouette Restaurant opened in 2010 by Chef and co-owner Henry Vigar, his wife, Mari and their business partner Gerrit Bruwer. La Mouette offers seasonally inspired and modern food. With ever-changing and seasonally inspired menus, friendly staff and a beautiful and unique venue, La Mouette has become a firm favorite with locals and regulars as well as established itself as a return go-to for our international guests. We look forward to welcoming you soon!
Reviewed 31 December 2016

We went to La Mouette on a recommendation from the concierge at the Table Bay hotel and he got it just right! this is a superb restaurant for a special occasion. The setting is lovely and we had a great table. The food was amazing and the choices allowed us to cater for my wife's seafood allergy. Everything was cooked to perfection and the wine pairings were excellent. Our waitress was attentive and knowledgeable and added to a very enjoyable evening which we will remember for a long time!

1  Thank Dave S
Write a ReviewReviews (1 677)

306 - 310 of 1 677 reviews

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

We had dinner here on chistmas eve together, brought our 2 year old. We had a seven course dinner that was very tasty and exciting, paired with great wines. Our daughter had a three course kiddies dinner which was well received. I can very much recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

We went there to celebrate our wedding anniversary in style. Although the tasting menu wasn't exactly what we felt like it was well worth it and the wines that came with it. I particularly like the wines as these you don't often find elsewhere. We'll certainly be back. The waitress was friendly and knowledgable both about the food and the wine.

Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

Xmas set dinner with wine pairing. Too tired about day trip that was so eventful so was sleepy by time at course no 4. Can recommend this place but it's price little in high side. Wine lovers should the wine pairing, considerably less pretentious and better valued tha back in Singapore.

Personally, I enjoyed courses 1-5 (see my detailed captions if you are keen). Cheese and dessert are not very unique..just commercial flavours I get there. Paired wines wise, I love the MCC! The Sauvignon Blanc, Zinfandel and the dessert wines. There was a premium 2003 morgenstr red but while I love reds, I don't quite understand (my tongue cannot pick up) the premium part of it.

Reviewed 26 December 2016

After two independent enthusiastic recommendations and some good TripAdvisor reviews we made sure of a table by booking well ahead. Had to pay a substantial deposit despite only being a table for two, so I felt justified in expecting something special.

We went for the tasting menu and, sure enough, it was superb. Our very knowledgeable and well briefed waiter assisted us throughout and every course was very good indeed. Although none of them was huge, by the end of the evening we felt we had been very well fed. We went for the wine pairing too, and were glad we decided to do that.

There is a lot of competition for good quality restaurants in Cape Town and its immediate environs - this one is definitely worth a visit, and was the best we sampled on a fairly brief visit. Although prices were on the high side, we felt they were justified.