“Absolutely amazing”

Ashanti Lodge Green Point
Reviewed 19 April 2016

From the moment we called up to check availability we were given the royal treatment.
The room was so clean and beautiful. The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful. The building was well maintained and offered great services.

Spent a week here with my parents and will definitely come back.
The beds were super comfy and the shower facilities were real clean.
I felt safe leaving all my belongings scattered around the room.
Great view from the top balcony too.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the family room on the top floow - highly recommended.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Cal-Greenpoint, Manager at Ashanti Lodge Green Point, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2016

Hi Dale H

Thank you for the awesome review, it really helps us to improve ourselves and motivate the staff. We would love to have you and your family back anytime. Keep well and hopefully see you again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 12 April 2016

Staff ignored the fact that smoking is not allowed in rooms. I personally don't mind people smoking but the smell was terrible l, especially since it was not only the smell of cigarettes. Maybe wanted, but not appreciated if you pay more than at a backpackers.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Cal-Greenpoint, Manager at Ashanti Lodge Green Point, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2016

Hi 413stefanw

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

I am shocked to hear your complaint as smoking is strictly prohibited in all rooms and drug usage is not welcome on the premises.

I have contacted you via email to find out some more information as I would like to run and investigation and find out why this was not dealt with appropriately.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Cal

Reviewed 10 April 2016

First impression was not very good, small room, double bed needs new linen, no extra towels available, no international shaving plug, TV reception poor, although cable channels listed, and Wifi very slow, basically non existent. Rude hostess for 1st morning breakfast. Customer service improved, but staff never really warmed up to us. Good english breakfast included in room cost, coffee refill with cost R15 ea. Great location though.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2016

Maybe cleaning the bathroom during the weekend? The bathroom was not cleaned!
Noise after 10 at night? Some youngsters were laughing and talking long after 10 in the evening! Found it very unconsidered as I had family form the Netherlands and I wanted to impress them........

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Cal-Greenpoint, Manager at Ashanti Lodge Green Point, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2016

Hi Marina

Thank you for your review. All feedback is welcomed as it allows for us to better ourselves and make a more enjoyable stay for our guests.

All our bathrooms are supposed to be cleaned everyday. I have checked the dates you stayed with us and will be doing an investigation into why they were not cleaned over that weekend. I do apologies for this.

Regarding the youngsters, I was informed about the unruly guest and his friends causing problems and noise for other guests. I have taken care of it to ensure it didn't carry on.

Hope to see you again one day.

Regards

Cal

Reviewed 9 April 2016 via mobile

Nice facilities. Very clean and a good setup with storage under the bed and a safe for valuables. Good location too--we were looking or something quiet and it was perfect for that, while still being within easy walking distance of some nice cafés and restaurants. Just some minor complaints (I would give them 3.5 stars if I could). Staff messed up our reservation a little (had us down for more nights) but they fixed that. We were looking forward to pancakes but mix ran out after our first morning and they didn't get more while we were there (five nights). Also, was talking on the phone to my mom and said "I love you too" when saying goodbye and one of the staff overheard that and mimicked me and then laughed about it. Not a big deal but just kind of disrespectful and surprising. Overall I would definitely consider staying there again if I didn't find anything nicer. It was very decent, no more no less.

Stayed: April 2016