Ashanti Lodge Green Point
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The One 8 Hotel(Cape Town Central)
Antrim Villa(Green Point)
View Hotel
Blackheath Lodge(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
The Ritz Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Centurion All Suite Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
Dysart Boutique Hotel(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
La Splendida(Cape Town Central)
  • Restaurant
Winchester Mansions(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
The Hyde All-Suite Hotel(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
All reviewsfree pancakesdouble roomnice facilitiesbackpackers hostelideal place to stayshared bathroomcommunal kitchenany requestswill stay there againenjoyed my stayclean roomslounge areachecking instayed longerwalking distancenice staylocation was perfect
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 April 2016

Staff ignored the fact that smoking is not allowed in rooms. I personally don't mind people smoking but the smell was terrible l, especially since it was not only the smell of cigarettes. Maybe wanted, but not appreciated if you pay more than at a backpackers.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Cal-Greenpoint, Manager at Ashanti Lodge Green Point, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2016

Hi 413stefanw

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

I am shocked to hear your complaint as smoking is strictly prohibited in all rooms and drug usage is not welcome on the premises.

I have contacted you via email to find out some more information as I would like to run and investigation and find out why this was not dealt with appropriately.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Cal

Reviewed 10 April 2016

First impression was not very good, small room, double bed needs new linen, no extra towels available, no international shaving plug, TV reception poor, although cable channels listed, and Wifi very slow, basically non existent. Rude hostess for 1st morning breakfast. Customer service improved, but staff never really warmed up to us. Good english breakfast included in room cost, coffee refill with cost R15 ea. Great location though.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2016

Maybe cleaning the bathroom during the weekend? The bathroom was not cleaned!
Noise after 10 at night? Some youngsters were laughing and talking long after 10 in the evening! Found it very unconsidered as I had family form the Netherlands and I wanted to impress them........

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Cal-Greenpoint, Manager at Ashanti Lodge Green Point, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2016

Hi Marina

Thank you for your review. All feedback is welcomed as it allows for us to better ourselves and make a more enjoyable stay for our guests.

All our bathrooms are supposed to be cleaned everyday. I have checked the dates you stayed with us and will be doing an investigation into why they were not cleaned over that weekend. I do apologies for this.

Regarding the youngsters, I was informed about the unruly guest and his friends causing problems and noise for other guests. I have taken care of it to ensure it didn't carry on.

Hope to see you again one day.

Regards

Cal

Reviewed 9 April 2016 via mobile

Nice facilities. Very clean and a good setup with storage under the bed and a safe for valuables. Good location too--we were looking or something quiet and it was perfect for that, while still being within easy walking distance of some nice cafés and restaurants. Just some minor complaints (I would give them 3.5 stars if I could). Staff messed up our reservation a little (had us down for more nights) but they fixed that. We were looking forward to pancakes but mix ran out after our first morning and they didn't get more while we were there (five nights). Also, was talking on the phone to my mom and said "I love you too" when saying goodbye and one of the staff overheard that and mimicked me and then laughed about it. Not a big deal but just kind of disrespectful and surprising. Overall I would definitely consider staying there again if I didn't find anything nicer. It was very decent, no more no less.

Stayed: April 2016
Reviewed 27 March 2016

Overall I enjoyed my stay at the Ashanti backpackers in Greenpoint. It was clean, quiet and the room was comfortable. I had actually stayed in Ashanti before, but that was the one in Gardens. Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Cal-Greenpoint, Manager at Ashanti Lodge Green Point, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2016

Hi gideonr962

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Ashanti Greenpoint.

Hope to see you again soon.